Ford Focus Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Originally posted by jeremydahl1:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Smoe:
Well its not a z but it gave the z's the starting point

Datsun 510

When I get back from my deployment to the desert and I pay off my focus with the cash i make, Im either gonna get toms kit or get a 510 and drop a sr20det or a vg30de in it.

**** that car makes me cream
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You got my vote on the 510. You have no idea how hard they are to find in Canada, well at least one that is in good condition.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well I have been searching the net for a 510 for sale. cars.com, autotrader.com, carsforsale.com none of them.

Only 510s i found for sale were a wagon and a coupe on ebay

the coupe had no reserve and the last bid was at 300 bux...ARG Y DO I HAVE TO BE POOR

Originally posted by Smoe:
Well its not a z but it gave the z's the starting point

Datsun 510

When I get back from my deployment to the desert and I pay off my focus with the cash i make, Im either gonna get toms kit or get a 510 and drop a sr20det or a vg30de in it.

**** that car makes me cream
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That is definately a cool car. I saw one for the first time in person at last weekends auto-x. The guy showed up after the auto-x to hang with the club members. He has it prepped for solo1 racing and hill climbs.

But, my vote stil goes to the 240.

The 240Z would have to be my favorite, not only is it a great car, but it changed everything about how people thought sports cars were expensive, someday i will own one, but for now i will just have to be happy with my 240sx

My 76 280Z 3.0L Nissan Motorsport. I loved that car more than my Focus. We had 3 at one time when I lived at home. 2X 76 280Z and a 83 280ZX one of the last 500 made. My sister trashed the 83 and then gave it away.

That's because most Z purists cringe over maintaning the 3.0 they began to use then.

It's not as easy as the L24-28 series.

Before I sold mine I was contemplating a built '82 turbo motor, but decided on a '93 SHO instead.

My brothers '72 240z. That thing was badass!!! I'll have to get my brother to find pics of it. When he was in high school('81-85) the Z went through 4 or 5 different paint jobs. I remeber the Candy Apple metallic red(absolutely beautiful!), Root Beer metallic brown(I never was a big brown fan, but my brother knew a professional painter, and had him paint a circus mural on the hood), then it ended up Midnight Black, and stayed that way, until now.
The Z had the straight 6(I always considered it a slant 6) with a Weber dual/progressive carb setup. It sat in my moms backyard for years, and my brother tried to sell it to me for $3000(not running), when I was 16. I told him no(Been kicking myself in the ass ever since), and my mom ended up selling it for $500, to get it out of her back yard!!!
At the time she wouldn't let me buy it for $500, because I still lived at home, and she was trying to get it out of the yard completely.

If anyone knows who the Wizard of Z is, supposedly he had pitcures of my brothers Z in his shop.

Al

350Z.. too sexy and sleek.. something about them that drives a grown man to weep and bow down... That and a white or black one with a veilside body kit and Andrews F Rims.. *SPOOGE*

The original Datsun 240z is still one of the best looking sports cars ever.

The original 240/Fairlady. Pre 1974. Why? They are now 30 years old and finally totally exempt from CARB rules. That means those of us in Cali can mod them any way we want and don't have to answer to the smog ****s. The early/mid 70s were a generally miserable era for good cars. The 240 is one of the very few good cars that were sold in enough quantity in the US for there to be a good supply of old ones and parts at a reasonable price.

There is a guyin my home toen with an actual right hand drive 240 z, plate says JAP Z fairlady on it and homeboy on teh right. Awesome.

Ive thought about picking one up once my Focus is paid off and I have money to dedicate to it.Where woiuld you look? Most online used car searchs dont go back far enough. Id get a Z or like my dad a 72 Celica ST.
Two of the best looking cars EVER

Old thread i know, but I picked up a 81 280zx last week from a friend of my cousins. 2 seater, 5 speed blue, engine and tranny run super smooth and its already been debadged. He just wanted it out of his driveway so i gave him $50 and i drove it home with the title

Finally a project car that I can take my time on.

funny this was mentioned , i used to have a 90 2+2 na 300zx wich was a complete piece of crap. i still like z32's but their more for people that are financially secure. id rather have a 240z 260z or 280z (not the zx) the datsun 510s are awesome little cars. i like nissan , i like what they've done with the new Z real cool stuff

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.