Ford Focus Forum banner

Favorite Nissan/Dautsun Z car

4K views 39 replies 37 participants last post by  EludeR 
#1 ·
I want to make this very spicific. What is you favorite Model/Year Z car?

Mine is the 280z 2+2

See less See more
#4 ·
I admire the original 240Z, but I don't think I'd buy one.

If I were going to put down some hard earned cash, it'd be a 300ZXTT.

That is a nice example of a 280Z... but it breaks the cardinal rule of cool cars... It is painted brown.

to Z cars.

#8 ·
1974 260 Z. My ex g/f has one. It needs some motor work. I wish I could afford to fix it up. I think I am the only person she would ever sell it to.

Jason

#10 ·
Well its not a z but it gave the z's the starting point

Datsun 510

When I get back from my deployment to the desert and I pay off my focus with the cash i make, Im either gonna get toms kit or get a 510 and drop a sr20det or a vg30de in it.

**** that car makes me cream

#13 ·
Originally posted by Smoe:

Datsun 510

When I get back from my deployment to the desert and I pay off my focus with the cash i make, Im either gonna get toms kit or get a 510 and drop a sr20det or a vg30de in it.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes that car is my fav as well. yum!

i also love the old corollas. i think they were RWD> but i don;t remember. someone here does tho

#15 ·
Fav Z car would have to be the '83 Turbo Model.

Just a BEGI Turbo Kit away from being a 500whp monster!

Originally posted by ZX3_Phocus:
i also love the old corollas. i think they were RWD> but i don;t remember. someone here does tho
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes!

The '86/'87 Corollas aka AE86 Trueno

I love those!

I also drool over 510's, preferable with a 20B swap

- Drew

#17 ·
Originally posted by Chaffed:
I want to make this very spicific. What is you favorite Model/Year Z car?

Mine is the 280z 2+2

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is actually a two seater, not the 2+2.

The 2+2 has a distintively different rear window.

My fave was the '77 280Z.

Probably because I had two of them ( one bronze like that pic and one in brandywine metallic ), but they got the FI working and got rid of some of the nasty chrome pieces by then. I'd love a 240 with a V8 conversion or if one could be found here, an original Fairlady Z like my father owned in Japan back in '72.

I also loved the twin turbo, more specificly a Stillen SMZ.

#19 ·
Woot some Nissan love! I of course (kinda biased) love my 92 NA 2 + 2 300 ZX, the Z32. I like thelonger body of the 2 + 2 just wish it was a TT. When I get mega rich I will engine swap. But the Z32s are the sexiest of the Zs in my opinion, the 350 Z is a step back in Nissan's style (like every car after the end of the Z32s). Even for just a heavy NA I love my car to death (minus the problems, over $5,000 in repairs and I havent even had it for a year)

#20 ·

Datsun 510

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You got my vote on the 510. You have no idea how hard they are to find in Canada, well at least one that is in good condition.

#21 ·
Originally posted by jeremydahl1:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Smoe:

Datsun 510

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You got my vote on the 510. You have no idea how hard they are to find in Canada, well at least one that is in good condition.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well I have been searching the net for a 510 for sale. cars.com, autotrader.com, carsforsale.com none of them.

Only 510s i found for sale were a wagon and a coupe on ebay

the coupe had no reserve and the last bid was at 300 bux...ARG Y DO I HAVE TO BE POOR

#22 ·

Datsun 510

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That is definately a cool car. I saw one for the first time in person at last weekends auto-x. The guy showed up after the auto-x to hang with the club members. He has it prepped for solo1 racing and hill climbs.

But, my vote stil goes to the 240.

#24 ·
My 76 280Z 3.0L Nissan Motorsport. I loved that car more than my Focus. We had 3 at one time when I lived at home. 2X 76 280Z and a 83 280ZX one of the last 500 made. My sister trashed the 83 and then gave it away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.