Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually 184 whp and 141 lb/ft of torque.

The only changes are the addition of Crower Stage 3 cams and a 2.5" YoDude exhaust. This car screams all the way to 8500rpm on the stock short block. Once we get our printer driver issue sorted I will post some graphs.

13.5's here we come

With a bit of intake cam tweaking we hit 187whp this afternoon. Should be over 190whp by monday.

Sorry about the crappy pics but if you notice the dip in power up top, that should be ironed out this weekend with some fuel tuning. We noticed that it leans out a bit around 7k and then starts to richen back up closer to 8k.

Here's a cheezy video clip, too:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid35/p3ccc7b5dc739b838bc0ad4fd3311d850/fd2dc6f5.mpg

[ 10-11-2002, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: nader6972 ]

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Congratulations Nader,man.. that's impressive. Way to go FC!

G

·
0 Posts
Damn, so that's more than 200 HP on the flywheel, right ? Congrats, Man..

=dRe=

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
\
Cheers.......and very curious where and how long the 141 peak is.

Also....it would be helpful if you posted a bone-stock curve from your dyno along with that crazy
run to make comparitive gains with cars on different dynos more valid.

Thanks and
I so want to have an 8500rpm Zetec!

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
THE only thing now to do is make a clutch to shift at 8000rpm and its good to go. If possible, then i would really consider staying NA, building the stock block and then using n2o at the track...but gotta get a clutch that holds 8000rpm...u guys tested that one yet?

If so, does anyone want a slightly used ACT clutch for cheap?

murph, they kinda cant, its their race car that has been built already for like 2 years

BUT im sure they can run a stock car on that same dyno to at least give a estimate of a stock focus dyno on that particular dynometer...but that car is probably never gonna go to stock

damn, 184whp is insane on all motor....nader, isnt that pretty much the same setup you have in your car but without the manifold and pectel? I am curious to see what you hit when you rev it to 8000rpm with those cams and larger valves...insane man

A N/A focus that will kill acura rsx S's, mustang GT's, 1.8T's, and most cars on the street...wow, thats awesome

Makes me kinda wanna build the stock block up for higher RPM, swap those stage 3 crowers and slap on that damn FR200 manifold and get CFM;s no rev limit chip with some 24lb injectors and call it a day. At the track, hook up a 100shot direct port(when it comes out) can you say KILLER FOCUS?

I wonder what im gonna hit tomorow? Hopefully something worthwhile

[ 10-11-2002, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
is that with stock internals??

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Any chance we could get a total recount of what was done to the motor to get those numbers?

BTW: Nice Job

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
he said stock guys, although kinda pushin it, it shows that with proper tuning, this engine, aint half bad damnit

Was that with the FR200 manifold nader?

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Naz instead of chiming in everytime Nader posts something about the FC cars, let him do it. You are doing nothing but confusing people.

[ 10-11-2002, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: zx3ford ]

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
ah yes...thanks for sayin summin dev
...oh how i wish i had that much power n/a

[ 10-11-2002, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: KicknZX3 ]

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by ZXmurph:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by nazthug:

BUT im sure they can run a stock car on that same dyno to at least give a estimate of a stock focus dyno on that particular dynometer...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">and.....that's all I was asking.........</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">We have a local dealer bringing up a stock focus so we can have a baseline, either tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by hotfocus:
is that with stock internals??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Crower springs/restainers with a stock short block.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Wedge1212:
i love the sound of 8,000rpms
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If only you knew how loud it was.
We will have video soon.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Nader-
am I understanding this is with a Pectel, ? injectors, and a highly reworked 2000 intake?

I assume it's looks like once fuel is there, it's all about spinning the snot out of it.

yet another time that I know I am just not destined for a turbo....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts