Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 65mm Focus central tb from a local, didnt have a paper gasket so i used liquid gasket maker. installed the TB and the car wouldnt idle for [censored], idled down near 400-500rps. i searched on here for any tips, i tried re-positioning the TPS sensor and it got worse. finally i installed the stock TB back on there and it runs great. i emailed FC askin them for a new gasket. thats about the only thing i can think of...anything else? any info is greatly appreciated!

-carlo

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
just wait for the gasket

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yeah, what he said. I had a raised idle problem before and my mechanic supposedly blocked off those three little holes and caused the car to idle real low and cut off at times.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There is also the idle screw that you can adjust. Check to make sure that it is contacting the throttle plate and if it is not, tighten it a little. Just a thought...

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
If you get a new gasket, i think you willl be set. I have heard f lots of people having that problem with that gasket maker. L8er Jon

·
Registered
154 Posts
know someone who did the same thing you did switched gaskets and now it idles fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i didnt block the 3 holes, it idles like crap and almost seems to missfire at idle. maybe its gettin un-metered air? well, i hope they reply. thanks for all ur info guys, im a dodge neon to focus owner =D

-carlo

·
Registered
104 Posts
That screw will just mess with your ECU because then it will try like crazy to get it back down to proper idle with different air/fuel combos, whatever. It can raise and lower your rpms but it does not set your idle properly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fixed it, i made a gasket and it works great now! FC never got back to me on the gasket so i hadda fab one up.
-carlo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts