1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
506 Posts
Re: FC Cai Available and Cam Sprockets soon.

Yea that intake looks pretty good gains to price wise...

I wonder how the fs intake will compare.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yea that intake looks pretty good gains to price wise...

I wonder how the fs intake will compare.
The intake looks oddly familiar to the marcy unit
I wonder why
. Anyway I'd say the gains would be right around the 8hp they all seem to be giving. Until AEM comes up with one for the PZEV I wouldn't expect any difference. There's will probably net like 10 or so.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I find it hard for them to eek much out, unless its a drastic difference. You can't use their V2 technology on it.
They always find a way to one up the competition by one or two hp. Oh well..i'm not waiting a year for that to come out.
I already enjoy my intake everyday.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I wonder how long before a cel comes on with that header...3 02s and all gettin' dirty...i cant be pretty

·
Registered
860 Posts

I wonder how long before a cel comes on with that header...3 02s and all gettin' dirty...i cant be pretty
...Just slap some resistors in the signal wires...The ECU wont know what hit it...

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

i cant be pretty
Well, i've never met you in person, but I am sure you are very wrong. You are probably a very pretty man!

·
Registered
12,749 Posts

Just be careful. Remember Focus Central has a history of being first to market, but last in quality! But at least things are coming!!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

i cant be pretty
Well, i've never met you in person, but I am sure you are very wrong. You are probably a very pretty man!

LMAO Thanks....i think

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

umm, i think i'm on crack...well I know i'm on crack. But i looked at the FC header, and then i looked again, and then again. And in can't see the tri-Y. I also see four tubes going into the collector. It looks like a 4:1 header, not a 4-2-1. Correct me if wrong...

·
Registered
860 Posts

It looks like a 4:1 header, not a 4-2-1. Correct me if wrong...
...I dunno about your crack status, but you are very correct here...Theres nothing 'tri-Y' about this header...

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts

...and the tubes don't even come close to being equal length from what I can see. I always thought a well tuned header had equal length tubes??

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

you're absolutely right...key word being well-tuned. MOst don't bother, and the effects really won't become apparent until you reach the higher RPM ranges. SInce a long-tube header already improves high RPM power anyway, customers still see nice gains, not as nice as they woudl see with an equal length, but still nice enough that they can get people to buy the header.

I wanna see a 4-2-1 soonish.

·
Registered
964 Posts

Is there enough room for a good 4-2-1 design? Won't this header be even louder because it is right next to the firewall?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey guys,

I just ordered the FC CAI and FC UDP's. I read in the description it was built to work with the stock airbox with "slight" modification. Would anyone know to what extent that modification is or what needs to be done? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts