Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok people I don't know if you read my previous post but I'm not real happy with my fairly new FC highflow CAT. Besides the JB welded hole the rotten egg smell will not go away? I've had the CAT on the car a few weeks but it still stinks all the time. Did FC piss on my part? Or is this just normal. Can you please tell me it goes away after a while because it sucks having my car smell like ass

You guys / girls are the best!!
I just odered that focus performance book. Does anyone have it yet? I hope it's more than just a bolt on book. I guess I'll see in the next few days.
Man it sucks to buy parts that are defective and smell

Later
ROB SOLE

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
my FC high flow cat doesn't smell at all. contact FC.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dude
Really!
Mine smells everyday regardless of whether I drive the car hard or not?
FC Please read!!
I think I got hosed, I should have just bought the Random cat

Someone else please comment
Thanks!
ROB SOLE

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I think you have an exhaust leak some where. Check you gaskets, because it shouldn't be stinkin' that much, if at all.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
my FC high flow cat doesn't smell at all. contact FC.
we all know how that's gonna go.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've had a FC cat for a while and never had any bad rotten egg smell, it's you fuel, quit using the cheap crap and use BP or some other good brand, it will go away.

·
Registered
733 Posts
rotten eggs smell = bad cat.. get it replaced...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sole,

I bought the Focus book. Its more a less a book about bolt-ons and what you can expect from everything. I haven't done any mods to my car so it is a good resource for someone like me. However, if you are looking to go FI on your car, this book is a good pickup. It has several reviews on different turbo kits out there for both the zetec and SVT. Also, there are articles on the JRSC. Just a little insight.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry, I don't have eney info on the egg smell. But I dont even have a cat. I was just wondering what focus performance book you guys are talking about.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts