Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last week I bought my FC highflow CAT. I'm happy with the performance but the product is poor qualtiy. Let me explain, The first one I got had a hole in it. The hole is were the weld the CAT to the pipe. I guess they forgot to finish welding it? Hello
We'll I requested another be sent to me. Well, I got that one with a hole too? So I requested another guess what a hole.
I didn't get the CAT from FC though but their service was great. Either way FC made the CAT in the first place. So now I have the CAT on the car and I'm just going to JB weld the hole. I know this is Jerry rigging it but I'm never getting a replacement at this rate.
I will never be buying a FC product again. I would seriously think about getting a quality part like the Random CAT. You do get what you pay for

I'm not one to complain but I'm a little pissed off about this entire situation.
Later
ROB SOLE
FC I'll save you a few thousand $ for quality contolling your product. Put a flashlight in each CAT after you weld it so you can double check your weld jobs because someone over there must be asleep @ behind their welding mask.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got "Hosed" Wack!

I'm not trying to deface a company's rep or anything but that is (*&^% up.
People should get what they deserve and not have to rig crap to fix a new part

Sole Man

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You said it.

I was more pissed that FC kept selling these parts to the person I bought them from myfordperformance.com. Ray is a really nice guy and doesn't deserve to get greif over FC poor product making skills. He's just trying to sell the product he doesn't make it.
SOLE MAN

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm guessing that you got a hi flow cat for your 4-2-1 header, not the one for the stock or shorty. I think FC buys them from another company, if so the problem would not be a creation of FC.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome to your first taste of FC Quality. There's a reason everybody bashes this company. They seem to put out good dyno results, but time and time again fail to produce products of high quality, or they forget to send you everything you need (or just neglect to tell you that you need more than they are selling you), or they send the wrong item, or they forget to set the lash on your head package. I've bought many FC products in the past....won't do it again.

To give them some credit, they did replace my raceheader when it cracked.

They should be willing to replace the cat for you. Give them a call.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm guessing that you got a hi flow cat for your 4-2-1 header, not the one for the stock or shorty. I think FC buys them from another company, if so the problem would not be a creation of FC.
He bought the hi-flo cat / pipe for a short header setup.

·
Registered
662 Posts
They are, I mean I did... He's on his 3rd cat. The first one is on his car still. I sent a second and I looked for the hole, but did not look in the right place. So, when my new batch arrived, after talking with Sole and getting the 2nd cat back and knowing where to look for any suspect holes, and using the flashlight technique Sole used to look for a hole, I checked all 3 of the news ones I had and I did not see any holes. Apparently however, I must have missed it on the 3rd cat as well.

I've let Dennis at FC know to look for a not-so perfect welding job. FC doesn't actually do the welding, they have someone else make these pipes and to expect them to inspect every single one, especially when there have been no reported leaks up until now, would be a bit to much to expect. Dennis assured me this is the first time he has heard of this since selling 100+ of these cat pipes. It's an isolated incident, both myself and FC are willing to make good on the product.

It an inconvenience for everyone involved, and you hate to see the consumer have to be inconvenienced most of all, but [censored] happens.

Sole, again sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully that little extra item I included in the last package makes up for some of the headache.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I've got the FC Highflow cat and mine was fine.

I installed it back in April with a JBA shorty. Initial install results were good quality, except the lower pipe seemed to be about 1" too short but a tug on my flex got everything connected.

Maybe they just got a bad batch I wouldn't use JB weld just got to any machine shop or garage they can weld the hole up for you mine has been working fine for about 4000KM now.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Welcome to your first taste of FC Quality. There's a reason everybody bashes this company. They seem to put out good dyno results, but time and time again fail to produce products of high quality, or they forget to send you everything you need (or just neglect to tell you that you need more than they are selling you), or they send the wrong item, or they forget to set the lash on your head package. I've bought many FC products in the past....won't do it again.

To give them some credit, they did replace my raceheader when it cracked.

Couldn't be said better. Hey FC, I'll be looking for a job in a year or two as a mechanical engineer, do you guys need a quality control engineer? I'd be happy to offer myself to you guys, looks like you could use improvement in that department

·
Registered
400 Posts
They are, I mean I did... He's on his 3rd cat. The first one is on his car still. I sent a second and I looked for the hole, but did not look in the right place. So, when my new batch arrived, after talking with Sole and getting the 2nd cat back and knowing where to look for any suspect holes, and using the flashlight technique Sole used to look for a hole, I checked all 3 of the news ones I had and I did not see any holes. Apparently however, I must have missed it on the 3rd cat as well.

I've let Dennis at FC know to look for a not-so perfect welding job. FC doesn't actually do the welding, they have someone else make these pipes and to expect them to inspect every single one, especially when there have been no reported leaks up until now, would be a bit to much to expect. Dennis assured me this is the first time he has heard of this since selling 100+ of these cat pipes. It's an isolated incident, both myself and FC are willing to make good on the product.

It an inconvenience for everyone involved, and you hate to see the consumer have to be inconvenienced most of all, but [censored] happens.

Sole, again sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully that little extra item I included in the last package makes up for some of the headache.
Thanks for the info Ray, in all my experiences (second-hand, so far) you are a class act. My dealings with FC have been through them directly and I'm glad to hear you are taking care of your customer.

I think it's hard to believe they haven't heard any complaing on 100+ pipes when you had two in a row with these holes. It just seems FC has trouble with products time and time again. They've had consistent problems with many of their products, even after revisions. Took them three tries to get a header out that seems to fix the cracking problem. I used to defend these guys...not anymore.

FC =

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
so far ALL exhaust related components built by FC have been disgusting...nastyy welds..rapid fading finishes..leaks...snapping..I really do like there Throttle Body's however..kuddo's to them on that..but those exhaust components need some major reconsidering...this is why other companies *cough* FS*cough* take forver and ever to release a product because they only want the BEST in quality and customer satisfaction... I would rather be patient and wait..then rush into something and have install/remove/ship/phone calls...you get the pic to try and get something replaced right away...look at all the gen's of there freakin race header...just a thought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts