Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in hearing from members with this combo as to how much increase in noise there was after the cat install. I love the way the Bosal sounds with the stock cat but, looking for more performance. I know about the silencer from Bosal but, would prefer not use it if possible.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
use the silencer for your daily drivin chores....take it out at the track.

in my many combinations, i've had the ORP and random w/ and w/o the silencer...the random and ORP (both louder than the FC) are tolerable for daily driving...but you'll come to like the silencer. a buddy of mine has the FC mated to his MBRP exhaust (VERY LOUD) and its barely over the dB level w/the stock cat.

good luck,

-Ult

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
So the silencer works well then? I have the Bosal and hope to go to street header and hi-flow cat, but I don't want to have a really loud car either.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
a buddy of mine has the FC mated to his MBRP exhaust (VERY LOUD) and its barely over the dB level w/the stock cat.

good luck,

-Ult
you talkin' 'bout me?

if so you're RIGHT. the mbrp with the fc hfc is VERY LOUD. i'm looking to tone it down soon with either the fs or thermal.

with the bosal it will definitely add some volume, but it probably won't be as unbearable as some of the other exhaust setups. if you're really worried about it do like ryan said and use the silencer around town.

Nate

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I had the Bosal exhaust mated with a FS Flex Pipe and FS Race Header..the tone was BAD ASS!!! not loud at all...got many compliments...on long trips I would toss the scilencer on just cuz my girl hated the drone for that many miles on the road.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
granted nate, what i was trin to emphasize was that your car didnt seem much louder w/the cat over your stocker. that your exh was just loud to begin with.

call up ray at mcnews, see if you can get the rear section of the quiet version of the mbrp.

-Ult

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have 2 local customers, one with a street header + hiflow cat + Bosal CB, the other with FC race header + Bosal CB. Both sound nice, neither terribly loud. Of course the race header setup is louder, but still I was suprised when I first heard it, not nearly as loud as I was expecting.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
granted nate, what i was trin to emphasize was that your car didnt seem much louder w/the cat over your stocker. that your exh was just loud to begin with.

call up ray at mcnews, see if you can get the rear section of the quiet version of the mbrp.

-Ult
actually i'm planning to go one more. thermal here i come

seriously, i'd rather just replace the whole system and sell my mbrp.

Nate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts