Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna get the FC intake manifold with the 70mm t/b, are there nessecary modifications i need to do this to work?

what size injectors is good for a nitrous n/a setup?

are diablo chips tuned to the specifications of my setup?

is a flex-pipe or off-road pipe better?

whats best 2 1/4" or 2.5" exhaust for n/a?

thx,
chris

·
Registered
526 Posts
Originally posted by Pr0ject_DMG:
i wanna get the FC intake manifold with the 70mm t/b, are there nessecary modifications i need to do this to work?

what size injectors is good for a nitrous n/a setup?

are diablo chips tuned to the specifications of my setup?

is a flex-pipe or off-road pipe better?

whats best 2 1/4" or 2.5" exhaust for n/a?

thx,
chris
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm not sure about modifications, does anyone actually have it?

I will be using 24# injectors with my N/A-Nitrous setup.

Yes, a custom Diablo Chip is what you need, to remove timing etc.

Flex Pipe and Offroad Pipe are two seperate parts.

2.25 is better for N/A... you don't need to go as bid as 2.5

·
Registered
745 Posts
what mods do you have so far...

the Intake manifold is not a beginning or intermediate mod...before getting this i would recommend a head package and a high flowing exhaust...race header preferable...otherwise your going to loose all your bottom end.

your engine is an air pump...but more than that it is necessary to keep a balance...too much on the intake side you loose top-end...too much on the exhaust side you loose bottom-end...too much money spent on cool parts that won't do anything because you didn't do the basics equals an expensive Geo Metro

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tryin to decide whether i want FI or go N/A, i would prefer goin N/A...

was goin to get cam gears, pulley kit, crower stage 2 cams, fc race header, fc off-road pipe and 2.25" exhaust, 75mm mass air, chip, bigger injectors then from i have now(still determining), fc intake manifold and 70mm t/b...

good setup? need opinions since iv been lookin to go FI but just lookin for some N/A fun..

thx,
chris

·
Registered
745 Posts
...so you have $5-6000 just lying around?

sounds like a descent setup but i think the FR Intake Mani might work better for NA...it has longer runners...maybe able to utilize the 70mm tb on that...hmmm...

-also FYI an offroad pipe is a pipe that replaces the CAT when using a street header...i believe you are thinking of the Flex pipe...which is the pipe that goes from the cat pipe over the front crossmember to the axle back exhaust...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by iamgod:
...so you have $5-6000 just lying around?

sounds like a descent setup but i think the FR Intake Mani might work better for NA...it has longer runners...maybe able to utilize the 70mm tb on that...hmmm...

-also FYI an offroad pipe is a pipe that replaces the CAT when using a street header...i believe you are thinking of the Flex pipe...which is the pipe that goes from the cat pipe over the front crossmember to the axle back exhaust...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">well laying around? no not exactly, its what i want it build up to be cause since i can only afford one new thing every pay check.. and thx for clarifying the whole off-road pipe/flex pipe...

thx,
chris

·
Registered
406 Posts
If you plan on using a big shot you should go with 2.5". With nitrous you still get all the extra oxygen just like with FI...

·
Registered
745 Posts
i hear ya...my car is livin paycheck to paycheck...what i was getting at is this should be one of the last mods you buy if this is the route you are going...get your exhaust done get the head done than get the mani...IMHO

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Composite intakes and nitrous are not a good combonation. One little nitrous backfire, and there goes your $800 intake manifold. I've seen way too many composite intake manifolds blow to pieces from nitrous use (both the stock intake manifolds on the 96-98 4.6 Mustangs, and the expensive aftermarket units for the pushrods).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts