Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have it ? Both www.myzx3.com and newedge carry it for $219.
It looks like Volant and it comes with SVT snorkel as well.

=dRe=

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Looks pretty interesting. I'd like to see some dyno numbers on a relatively stock car.

·
Registered
384 Posts
save your money and get a volant if you want a that type of style of intake. Believe me, you'd be better off with it.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Originally posted by mcs7865:
save your money and get a volant if you want a that type of style of intake. Believe me, you'd be better off with it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Why do you say this?

·
Registered
384 Posts
well I saw it when it first came out, and it looked cheaply made. The intake filter hosing case is made of fiberglass, looked bad and could possible crack very easily. It doesn't have a side opening like the volant to pull in cold air from the side. The only opening it has is up top, which is only good if you have the FC hood and the SVT snorkle. I havn't seen any dyno #'s on it, but I'm willing to better it doen't produce better gains the the volant. If I was in the market for an intake of that style I would just get the volant and get a SVT snorkle.May cost alittle more, $250 for Volant and $25 for SVT snorkle versus the $220 for the FC Intake, but its better designed and made from better materials.

[ 02-08-2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: mcs7865 ]

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had a friend just recently purchased this Product!it is not a good fit at all.. I spent almost two hours to install this when i have done about 20 different intake installs!! First of all you have to rig it so the svt snorkle stay to the cheaply made box because they cut the whole too big and it easily leaks air and falls out!! also they made the made the hole for a 70mm pro maf so air leaks out of there also there is no directions and rarely no support!! go with volant!! IMHO!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Originally posted by Grrrr:
I had a friend just recently purchased this Product!it is not a good fit at all.. I spent almost two hours to install this when i have done about 20 different intake installs!! First of all you have to rig it so the svt snorkle stay to the cheaply made box because they cut the whole too big and it easily leaks air and falls out!! also they made the made the hole for a 70mm pro maf so air leaks out of there also there is no directions and rarely no support!! go with volant!! IMHO!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">another example of focus centrals quality products......ok..im done

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by Grrrr:
...this Product! it is not a good fit at all...I spent almost two hours to install...you have to rig it so the svt snorkle stay to the cheaply made box...cut the hole too big and it easily leaks air and falls out!!...they made the made the hole for a 70mm pro maf so air leaks...no directions...no support!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">'nuff said. I am not a FC hater by any means, but I seem to be seeing more and more of this type of quality mentioned on a number of forums.

Has anyone else installed this product? What were your results? This really doesnt' bode well for FC, IMO. Especially considering their statement on their website "The most powerful intake kit on the market.".....mmmmkay!

[ 02-23-2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: poSSumX ]

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i am going to be helping someone install this in a couple weeks here. I'll post on how it goes, but as for it being the best on the market... I could definately see it being a great intake when coupled w/ the FC hood and a pro-flow. but i couldnt tell ya how the rest will work otherwise. I'll know when I do the install in a couple weeks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts