Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the new Focus central page tonight and they have a Highflow cat listed for 249.00. I think i am going to order one tomm...Thats a good price and I am looking for a replacement anyway, what do you guys think??? I know most of fc's stuff is pretty good but has anyone heard about this high flow??? Peace

Lox

[ 02-16-2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: BloxZX3 ]

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah I just saw that, and was surprised by the new site, which is very nice, and the new high flow cat which is great. It is definitely on my list of up coming mods.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i wonder if that comes with o2 attachments?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by demonfire:
i wonder if that comes with o2 attachments?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes it does.

You guys might want to call and make sure they actually have them
Last I spoke to Nader, like Thurs., they weren't done yet, but very very close...

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
it should do good with emmisions too, its more of a cat then the random, meaning thats its a bit bigger, after owning the random(very nice quality piece) the cat part was so damn tiny, i think it was actually a precat welded in there....

I think the FC one is a tad bit larger, but still very very free flowing compared to the stock POS and should be great for those trying to stay clean

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
DAMN! Focus Central's site is ****ing dope!

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
and since the SVT swap is looking to be $700
for the header, cat, and flex, i might have to go FC like i originally planned..

gonna have to wait for these to play up a little bit so that i make the 'right' decision for me

man their site is well done!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Looks like a nice piece of equipment....where is the Bosal now? We have RT and FC available, Bosal is trailing. I need a HF Cat, but want to see how this one plays out.

BTW, the new FC site is EXCELLENT. The "Find A Dealer" page is kinda funny though, with the map being from an opened atlas or some other book
. With that well done of a site, I was a bit taken back by that piece.

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
it should do good with emmisions too, its more of a cat then the random, meaning thats its a bit bigger, after owning the random(very nice quality piece) the cat part was so damn tiny, i think it was actually a precat welded in there....

I think the FC one is a tad bit larger, but still very very free flowing compared to the stock POS and should be great for those trying to stay clean
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The Random is not a pre cat. The Random is the best flowing cleanest cat available and its quality is second to none. You get what you pay for. If you want to save money there is nothing wrong with going with something cheaper if it fits your budget. Random Tech cat has proven itself in every way but it costs a little more.

The size of the cat isn't the only thing that makes a difference its whats in the middle. The FC cat should make better power than the Stock piece.

[ 02-17-2003, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Yel900rr ]

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
yeh i think the random one is awesome too from wat i hear...but im leaning towards the FC cat only cuz it should be emmissions legal, when i kno the random cat isn't...plus the svt set-up is round $700 and no one knows if that will make emissions either...i dunno cant wait tho!
-chris

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
well, i didnt know ray, like i said, my random was awesome, remember, i got it from you..

But the cat was tiny, i couldnt believe my eyes, it worked great, didnt stink and looked really nice, i just thought it was a precat since it was so damn smalll

either way, it was nice, and anything over stock is great...especially when staying legal

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
Originally posted by CrUziN4L:
yeh i think the random one is awesome too from wat i hear...but im leaning towards the FC cat only cuz it should be emmissions legal, when i kno the random cat isn't...plus the svt set-up is round $700 and no one knows if that will make emissions either...i dunno cant wait tho!
-chris
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It will be as legal as any other after market cat.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
looks like a nice piece. they state a 4whp gain and i've seen the random do 7whp. so you give up a little performance for a little bit of affordability... it's going to be a tough choice.

Nate

·
Registered
222 Posts
guys all they did was take there off-road pipe and weld in there high flow cat, not much reaserch and development done there! I talked to them about this because this was exactly what i was going to do before I bought the Random Tech! The power on the R/T is sick! A little loud, but quit it down with bosals silencer.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Originally posted by ZX3 Canuck:
I wonder when they come out with revision 1, 2, 3, 4....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for the kind words.

This cat has been in the works for over 3 months but we said nothing about until it was complete. We have logged over 10k miles with no problems whatsoever and they are no ready to ship. Obviously you guys found out somehow, because we just got 50 in today and we are almost out just from filling backorders.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Originally posted by Bmorezx3:
looks like a nice piece. they state a 4whp gain and i've seen the random do 7whp. so you give up a little performance for a little bit of affordability... it's going to be a tough choice.

Nate
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">7 hp for $300, or 4 hp for $250.
"IF" that is true the Random is a much better bang for the buck!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
That number is a little low for the Random Tech from the one dyno I remember seeing. It was 7.9 hp and 8.2 or 8.3 lb-ft torque. To me, that was DEFINITELY worth the extra $50. It's also a complete replacement, including pipe and O2 sensor attachments.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts