Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to remove the rear seat of my SVT. I saw the kit that Focus Central is selling. The pic on their website looks really nice. The only post i found about it was by someone who used the kit but didn't have it carpeted. I definitely want to get mine carpeted to match the interior.

Who has used this kit so far? How is the quality and fitment? Has anyone used the kit they are selling with the carpet yet and how is it?

I'd like any info you are willing to share. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Can you post a link? I just looked at their site but didn't see anything like what your describing.. I myself might be interested in something like that.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I am looking at doing this same mod. But the Home Depot version would probably weigh more, fiberglass is hard to compete with when looking at weight reduction. I might just order one up this week and post some pics when I get done...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you didn't ever put anything back there and just wanted it to look smooth, you could build a simple frame out of just about anything sturdy and use speaker cloth to stretch over it. At that point you could just buy some resin, and slap it on the cloth. Once it was hardened, throw a few layers of fiberglass cloth(not the matting) and you have the same effect as the FC one, but one quite a bit cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts