Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ding ding, pich bom bom bom bombom baa baa baaaa baaaaaa baaaaaaaaaa baaaaaadaaaa WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

[ 03-10-2003, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: EastAl ]

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Al.....your car is loud.....and slow

·
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by PGZX3:
Al.....your car is loud.....and slow
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ow in 3D!

·
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, finished hooking up the flex pipe to the stock exhaust tonight. When in doubt? Cut it out!

I had to cut notches into the stock exhaust flange, to get the studs out. But, I'm not worried about it. I should be getting a Bassani cat back soon.

The only thing I am noticing right now, is a constant plume of exhaust, when at idle. But, if I run the RPM's up, it goes away. The car is at running temp, so I don't know what is causing it. I have about a 40 mile drive home, so I will check it again. I am thinking I got some junk(metal shavings, and what not) inside the exhaust pipe, while I was working on it.
Does anybody else with a race header have this problem?

BTW, I have the FC RH, FS flex pipe, and a stock exhasut with the rear resonator removed.

Later, Al

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Bassani ehh? Jeeez you love it loud!

·
Registered
411 Posts
if it is a new header, you are experiencing the initial burn cure of the coatings.

It should go away soon. it smells funky right?

same goes for the flex, if it is coated.

·
Registered
871 Posts
so there are no drivability problems wiht the race header right?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I once saw a website with a formula 1 car or something with a voice in the backgroung goin BAHH DING DING DING DING. it was the funniest website i had ever seen. but now i cant find it. anyone know what im talking about?

dont mean for any hijacking.

Jon

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
yeah i saw that... a while back. was freaking hilarious

·
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
llama, the only thing that has been bothering me is, 1) the incessant buzzing under throttle(speeding up to pass, or just plain speeding up), and 2) stumble on hard accel. But, I think the stock exhaust may be hampering the whole system.

I am planning on doing the stock TB/intake runner bore out. Hopefully that will let a little more air down the throat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts