Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed my fc tb and now when I punch it it doesn't drop down into gear like it used too, now it just picks up speed slowly. anyone know if this sounds right??

thanks,

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Nope. How's that for an answer?

Something got mucked up in the process of reattaching the throttle cable/sensor. The tranny takes its cues from road speed, load, and throttle to decide when to shift. It's not getting correct information.

I imagine you're also finding it's upshifting rather early lately. Same cause - same solution.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you think could have gotten messed up?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone have any more info?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
It can be many many things..The bolts arent tight, the gasket is closing all the gaps, vaccuum leak, not broken in, TPS in the wrong holes, TPS not screwed down all the way, you forgot to hook up a pice of the intake...

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so should i just pull it off and redo it? also should i put some sealant on the gasket on the tb side to hold it better?

thanks,

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just got the new generation TB and have the same thing wrong. I know everything is done correctly, but my idle is down to 740 RPM and
shifts are a little lower (5700 compared to 6100)
than before. I wonder if there is a slight miscalculation in the position of the TPS holes.
Anyone who had the original TB will remember that an ATX idled high & shifted funny until the correct holes were drilled. I manually downshift
now; the car used to downshift into 1st up to 28
mph, now it won't over 22 mph unless you move the
shifter. Since the Diablo chip never did raise my shift points to 6500+ RPM, it's O.K. with me.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know i installed mine right im just thinkin il just do it again to double check, my idle is around 800 rpm, i dint pay attention to the shift points, maybe i should though huh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts