Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered a million times and i also used the search button.

I have a 5 speed and when i'm cruise and pop it into neutral, the rpm will drop slowly to about 1.5 rpm and hang there. Then when i stop it'll slowly come down to 1 rpm.

What gives? I know there are two sets of holes for the tps. Is it one for auto and one for manual? which set are for the manual?

Do i gotta play around with the idle screw?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Very very very! Important you have the TPS setup to the correct holes.. www.myfordfocus.com has a clear picture and how to for that..If its correct, yes play with your idle screw untill the revs are normal and idle is good. If that still dont work WD-40 any parts that move on the TB..Reset the ECU. Clean out the inside that can get clogged with gunk and dirt. If none of that works.................

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is normal, give it some time for the pcm to adjust to the new tb. it is a bit annoying but it will eventually adjust. the rmps will run a bit higher with the tb, and it will come to idle a bit slower, you will probably get an error code of p1506 which is an idle overspeed code, try adjusting the idle screw to find the happy medium for idle, no sticking and no light, but i have found it easy to live with the light ( even made it red to match my needles) its just one of those things you may have to play with some to get it right, hope it helps.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
MORON....why didnt you have me install it...moroon

Yes, you gotta adjust it...MORON

Come by here and i'll set it up for you...MORON

Whos installing your pulleys huh? Dont come by here with the water pump pulley on the crank and alt on the water pump and crank on the alt pulley....and ask me why your car is putting out 50volts, barely idles and only pumps a ounce of water per day

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:

Whos installing your pulleys huh? Dont come by here with the water pump pulley on the crank and alt on the water pump and crank on the alt pulley....and ask me why your car is putting out 50volts, barely idles and only pumps a ounce of water per day
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Mine did the same thing when I first installed it, your ECM will as you know correct the high idle after about 10 - 15 seconds. But what I finally had to do to mine was to adjust the throttle stop, just loosten the nut and back it out about 1/2 turn and give it a try, I ended up running mune out about a turn and a half before it ran correctly. Now it drops down to the correct idle immediately (well you know what I mean) and I don't get any throttle sticking either. Got several thusand miles on it now trouble free. Good luck.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I reset my computer this morning and the tps is in the correct mtx holes. It still kinda hangs when i pop it into neutral at about 1250 rpm, then when i stop after 10 seconds it comes down to about 800 rpm.

I want it to drop like the stock tb when i take it out of gear. Maybe i need more tuning with the idle screw.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Originally posted by BowDown:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by nazthug:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">its alright man...we're cool....just a few inside jokes...dont worry now...

twamp...come on over here man...i'll fix 'er right up man...u goin with me to the modesto g2g this weekend?

Im gonna hopefully be installing my new header this friday

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
man mine will idle to 3500 rpm, till i blip the throttle cant figure it out

With the sticking if i adjust the screw to where it dont stick im idling at 1500 ive tried everything tc has told me and ppl have told me still dont work

be like me live with it lol

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
no dont live with it, theres no reason why its doing that, mine does exactly what it did with the stock one...come on guys, its not that hard to install it properly...i mean, its a TB...not a turbo

Mine did that too, until i addapted and LEARNED how to install it corectly, but it doesnt take much time to get it right....

·
Registered
826 Posts
I assume you bought that TB used from Henant and therefore you dont have a new gasket. You might have a slight vacuum leak. You can get a new gasket from us for $5.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Could be the actual TPS as well.

Have you washed under the hood since the install?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Hey moron again...i totally forgot, which makes you even more of a moron

DID YOU USE A GASKET? Last time i saw that TB, since its been used before, it has some gasket left on it from the old gasket that we peeled off...i told you id get you a new gasket....i hope you didnt put it on there with NO gasket, if so, you got a VACUUM leak man..

So again, come by here....MORON

U need a gasket, OBVEOUSLY....come on tuan..use the ole nogin

hahaa..just messin dawg...i'll get it straightened for u man, dont stress

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Naz...I made myself a gasket out of cardstock. Looks pretty much like the one that comes with it. But maybe its not sealing. Who knows. I'll bring it over probably saturday morning. I want to get it done and out of the way. I have things to see and people to do.
If i dont get it straighten out. I'm gonna get rid of it. You have an extra gasket right? maybe yours will work better.
If we get it working right we can slap on those pullies.

PS.....MORON!!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Originally posted by Trey:
Could be the actual TPS as well.

Have you washed under the hood since the install?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Would water affect the TPS??? I just installed the Edelbrock header and now I have the same damn idle problem, 'cept it idles up to 3-4000 rpms then drops to 1500 then to about 800... Argh!!! I hate this ****!!! What do ya'll think.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I CALLED BBK TODAY AND HE TOLD ME TI PUT A GASKET BETWEEN THE TPS AND THROTTLE BODY TO TAKE UP A LITTLE SPACE CAUSE THE TSP IS PUSHING ON TOFAR AND THE FLAP WILL STICK .. I DID IT AND IT WORKED

·
Registered
318 Posts
I CALLED BBK TODAY AND HE TOLD ME TI PUT A GASKET BETWEEN THE TPS AND THROTTLE BODY TO TAKE UP A LITTLE SPACE CAUSE THE TSP IS PUSHING ON TOFAR AND THE FLAP WILL STICK .. I DID IT AND IT WORKED

1 - 20 of 21 Posts