Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new FC throttle bodies will be available late next week.

New features:
-Billet aluminum throttle linkage
-Revised entry and exit angles which have picked up flow even further.
-Throttle blade shaft is made out of shatterproof steel
-Revised idle air bypass ports

This TB flows over 110 cfm more than the stock piece.





 

·
I change diapers now
Joined
·
14,444 Posts
Nifty!


One of the next mods we need to look into, that is, when moeny starts growing on trees.


- Drew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
How much for this one & what colors?

[ 11-22-2002, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Fonzie ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,517 Posts
Verry nice looking piece. Does it have the sticking issues that the 1gen had? Looks hella good
Oh whats it goign to cost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
this thread is worthless without cost info...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,538 Posts
looks like im the first of many pissed off V1.0 TB Owners Since i have tried everything to quit the hanging revs and sticking throttle, even as far as a new TPS, but oh well

But hey i like idling at 3k and having my car jerking like a newbie driving a stick when i am in 1st gear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Do we get a free upgrade or atleast a trade in value for our old one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by TigreTek:
this thread is worthless without cost info...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Retail price is $279.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by nick:
Verry nice looking piece. Does it have the sticking issues that the 1gen had? Looks hella good
Oh whats it goign to cost?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Most of those problems are installer error. The reason the TB's stick is because the idle screw is backed off too far and the butterfly is making contact with the TB wall. All that needs to be done is the odle screw needs to be raised just a touch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by FOCUSon420:
Do we get a free upgrade or atleast a trade in value for our old one?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Why would you want to trade? The TB still functions the same. Is there something wrong with your TB?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Smoe:
looks like im the first of many pissed off V1.0 TB Owners Since i have tried everything to quit the hanging revs and sticking throttle, even as far as a new TPS, but oh well

But hey i like idling at 3k and having my car jerking like a newbie driving a stick when i am in 1st gear
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Have you tried calling us for some tech help?

I can walk you through it step by step.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Fonzie:
How much for this one & what colors?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Colors will be the same. Red, blue, black and silver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Ahhh very very nice grasshopper, billet with a bullet another hit for FC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
same flow/size/gain as the older ?...
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top