Ford Focus Forum banner

FC TB v2.0

1K views 35 replies 25 participants last post by  CTZX3 
#1 ·
The new FC throttle bodies will be available late next week.

New features:
-Billet aluminum throttle linkage
-Revised entry and exit angles which have picked up flow even further.
-Throttle blade shaft is made out of shatterproof steel
-Revised idle air bypass ports

This TB flows over 110 cfm more than the stock piece.

See less See more
#9 ·
looks like im the first of many pissed off V1.0 TB Owners Since i have tried everything to quit the hanging revs and sticking throttle, even as far as a new TPS, but oh well

But hey i like idling at 3k and having my car jerking like a newbie driving a stick when i am in 1st gear

#10 ·
Do we get a free upgrade or atleast a trade in value for our old one?

#13 ·
Originally posted by nick:
Verry nice looking piece. Does it have the sticking issues that the 1gen had? Looks hella good
Oh whats it goign to cost?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Most of those problems are installer error. The reason the TB's stick is because the idle screw is backed off too far and the butterfly is making contact with the TB wall. All that needs to be done is the odle screw needs to be raised just a touch.

#15 ·
Originally posted by Smoe:
looks like im the first of many pissed off V1.0 TB Owners Since i have tried everything to quit the hanging revs and sticking throttle, even as far as a new TPS, but oh well

But hey i like idling at 3k and having my car jerking like a newbie driving a stick when i am in 1st gear
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Have you tried calling us for some tech help?

I can walk you through it step by step.

#24 ·
Originally posted by Welding Rod:
Nader - Please tell me it uses a quality O-ring gasket like the OEM piece.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, but a few months ago we doubled the thickness of the gasket to take up some of the inconsistencies in the manifolds.

oops, this nader by the way.

[ 11-23-2002, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

#25 ·
Originally posted by Uriah:
And what happened to the insert you were working on?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not worth it on a stock manifold. On a larger manifold such as the Ford Racing piece we saw gains due to the increased velocity. We have incorporated some of our insert designs in to this new TB.

oops, nader again.

[ 11-23-2002, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.