Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody having problems with the idle surging for a few seconds before it settles down, and also the throttle sticking at light pressure???? And my CEL is now on....

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
to tell you the truth man, the throttle sticking at light pressure is is common with the the larger tb. At least it was like that on my ZX3. Try adjusting your idle screw to stock as close a possible. You might have tripped a CEL for the idle rpms being to high.

·
Registered
883 Posts
For your surging (which is typical) move the screw back a tiny, tiny amount. When it gets cold this will only get worse. If you throw a CEL you have a vacuum leek so reinstall and don't force the screws in or you're going to cross thread them and not get a secure lock.

·
Registered
993 Posts
my bet goes to the TPS sensor

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have no problems with mine.

Initially the RPMS hung when I was coming to a stop. I had the battery disconnected for a while working on a project and have not noticed any problems since then.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My RPM'S only go high when first starting the vehicle, then it settles down below 1000 RPM'S after a couple of seconds.
As far as sticking throttle, I don't have that particular problem, but I will say the return spring seems much stiffer than the stock TB, so its a little bit tough being smooth on the take off's until it breaks in and you get used to it.

Wayne

·
Registered
742 Posts
How much has everyone been paying??

$309 @ focuscenteral

$259 forgot where, and now I cant locate it again

This in not even 1 WHP per $100

I'm not hearing big throttle response, if anything people are having
a weird idle.

Sometime people think about "Ricer math" and 3+7+5+6 in gains
on all the different parts This might add up to 21, but you may only get 14 and crappy performance from all the part fighting each other

·
Registered
426 Posts
You have chrome SVT wheels and your calling BS on other people's mods?

I personally like the TB. The car feels stronger rowing through the gears. The pedal feel is better for me as well. Is it worth $260? I don't know for certain, however, I certainly don't feel ripped off.

The stock TB is a piece of junk. It is make out of some molded resin plastic or something like that.

BTW, it is CALIPER and not calipar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts