Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have this combo besides me, what a pain in the ass, how did you fit the tubing over both of them, the TB is huge, the stock tubing barely fit over it, the one that connects the CAI doesnt even come close to fitting

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't have that setup but would like to know how it is working out for you. Throttle response a lot better? Can you feel better high end?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
So how did you get the AEM to fit? if im going to buy that TB it would help to know.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I would be in your same situation if I didn't come across this thread. Some one has to have a bright idea...

CCC

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
i recommend my setup - FocusSport Cool Flo with the FC throttle body. throttle response was greatly improved, and it wasn't that hard to fit. personally, i think the Cool Flo outperforms the AEM anyway. Doesn't look as nice, but i think it is a tad better.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Do you think it might be a different fit for the SVT TB and AEM CAI?

CCC

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no the aem fits fine with the stock, i had to cut the stock outlet tube and fit it on, it barely fit, i need a flex hose but i ordered the stock one from fordparts.com or somethin cause ill probably need it sometime, its kidna ghetto but it works fine

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
How come you guys dont just go to the hardware store and get a larger hose? I would bring the one that almost fits, and compare till you find one that will work.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
i recommend my setup - FocusSport Cool Flo with the FC throttle body. throttle response was greatly improved, and it wasn't that hard to fit. personally, i think the Cool Flo outperforms the AEM anyway. Doesn't look as nice, but i think it is a tad better.
I love FocusSport Products but until they come out with a true CAI i'll have to disagree. If you put in an AEM CAI just the way it comes then you probably won't notice much of a difference other than the HUGE sucking noise coming from ur left front bumper. BUT! remove that left foglight and you will unleash a whole new highway animal! WOW. I recently had to remove my CAI because it was causing my MIL to come on. Once i had the stock back on i noticed a HUGE difference. The car just doesn't feel as kick and throttle response is MUCH slower. I wish i could figure out why it keeps tripping the MIL and when i return to stock it works fine.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I understand that one brother!! Gone through a couple of o2 sensors with the aem cai on. When back to stock can sure tell the difference. I loved not having my fogs on. Top end was fun!! Just wish I could figure out how to not go through so many o2 sensors. I wonder if AEM would be any help on this one.

·
Registered
722 Posts
this may sound crazy but when the check engine light comes on just use K and N air filter cleaner and clean the filter...it has worked twice in 6000 miles for me. Car runs great no light, no bad readings from autozone. Went to ford 02 sensor was good, the only reason it was tripping the engine light and saying the 02 sensor was because small dirt partical may have been around the sensor. I found it kinda crazy that just a good cleaning fixed it

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been thinking of getting this combination. Did you have to do anything special to get it to fit?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
So, has anyone gotten one to work with the AEM CAI?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ok, brainstorm...dunno if it'll work or not (dont have FC TB yet)...but, the silicon hose reducer that came with your AEM CAI (the one thats 25." to 3") why not see if AEM can get you another and use that? Or, www.weapon-r.com, they sell those reducers. Look on ebay, under id say "intercooler pipe coupler." Something like that. Thats what Id do. If this works, let us know!! See if that coupler from AEM fits (use 3" side, obviously) and see if that goes over the TB.

Lemme know...

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
this may sound crazy but when the check engine light comes on just use K and N air filter cleaner and clean the filter...it has worked twice in 6000 miles for me. Car runs great no light, no bad readings from autozone. Went to ford 02 sensor was good, the only reason it was tripping the engine light and saying the 02 sensor was because small dirt partical may have been around the sensor. I found it kinda crazy that just a good cleaning fixed it
You see thats the main problem. Nothing went bad on my car, i installed the AEM CAI and 2 days later the engine light came on. Then i reset the computer to see if it was just a fluke and two days later it came on again. Took it to the dealer and they said it came back as a "running rich" condition and seems to be caused by the AEM.

So of course i go home and remove the CAI and return to stock hoping that the engine light comes back on so i can get the dealer to figure out whats wrong. Well i drove the car with the stock intake for 2 weeks now and no engine light which really sucks because it means something is up with the AEM..

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
So...whats the verdict on the FC TB fitting with the AEM CAI? Does anyone have it fitting? I'd liek to snatch up both and install both at the same time, but I want to make sure they'll fit

CCC

1 - 16 of 16 Posts