Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont post much on FJ, I frequent FF much more, but for those of you that don't go on FF, here are some pics and a mod list. The rear looks a little high because my car is currently gutted, awaiting me to install a false floor and ice setup. Let me know what you think.

Shaved Hatch, shaved sidemoldings, Painted rockers, side turns, doorhandles, Nightshaded SVT Upper Grill, European Lower Grill, S2 Front Lip, 5% rear, 35% front tint, 03 04 Headlights, Vellour interior trim, Pioneer Headunit, 17" ADR GT Sports, 205-40 front 215 45 rear

Eibach Sportline Springs and Pro Dampners, Cut Shifter, Custom CAI, Magnaflow catback

Future plans include ww skirts, a rs edition front (or the ebay replica), and a euro or svt rear....

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
look cool man the back hard to do like that

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
I really like it, I just think it would look a ton better with the lisence plate moved elsewhere (though I can't think of anywhere else it could go) and a SVT rear bumper. It would flow a bit better with the flat back, since it doesn't have the little strip in the middle of it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
whoa looking at that hatch its like whoa WTF is missing..i guess you have to get used to it. But it def. looks cool

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really like it, I just think it would look a ton better with the lisence plate moved elsewhere (though I can't think of anywhere else it could go) and a SVT rear bumper. It would flow a bit better with the flat back, since it doesn't have the little strip in the middle of it.
Yeah, a svt or euro rear bumper are definately soon coming. I also want to make a spoiler similar to an svt but with some styling like the evo "vortex generators"

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Agreed.

I always had a plan if I ever shaved my hatch(not gonna happen, but anyway). Put the lic. plate in the rear window with suction cups. Then cut the tint around the plate. Perfection

- Drew

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agreed.

I always had a plan if I ever shaved my hatch(not gonna happen, but anyway). Put the lic. plate in the rear window with suction cups. Then cut the tint around the plate. Perfection

- Drew
Ehh, Im not to crazy about the idea of cutting my tint, but its an idea... I actually have something sitting in my closet at home that I was going to use, it is a license plate recess out of a 2001 Monte Carlo rear bumper. I work in a bodyshop and have experience with plastic welding, I could chop a hole in mine and mold this in, but I want to get a different bumper before I go through all that trouble.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Euro rear!

Looks great.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
i like it the only thing that throws off the look is the stock bumpers and if u put on an svt bumper i think it would look great! maybe put the plate in the plastic venting of the svt rear

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Agreed.

- Drew
Ehh, Im not to crazy about the idea of cutting my tint, but its an idea... I actually have something sitting in my closet at home that I was going to use, it is a license plate recess out of a 2001 Monte Carlo rear bumper. I work in a bodyshop and have experience with plastic welding, I could chop a hole in mine and mold this in, but I want to get a different bumper before I go through all that trouble.
But, then what's the point of shaving if you just add the same thing in a different spot

Why not cut the tint? You won't be letting any light in, the plate will be taking up the space.

- Drew

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
A Euro rear, with that Monte Carlo recessed into the bumper would look amazing. The Euro has less lines and is shorter, so I think it would flow better with the "bare a$$".

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Why not stick it BEHIND the rear bumper. Create a motorized bracket that lowers the plate below the bottom lip of the bumper so it can be visible when driving, and when you park the car and turn it off, the plate moves up or folds up, hidden behind the bumper?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts