Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has them, and how have they held up so far. The price looks great, but is this a case of you get what you pay for???

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
i had these on a few months, i highly recomend getting new adjustment screws. The nuts they but on stripped in just a few adjustments. i have new stainless steel alan head screw, works great.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by CTZX3:
i had these on a few months, i highly recomend getting new adjustment screws. The nuts they but on stripped in just a few adjustments. i have new stainless steel alan head screw, works great.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">any special place i have to get them, or can i just head over to home depot???

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do they compare to other cam gears as far as weight, and do i want something heavier to maintain inertia, or lighter to speed things up???

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Had them for 2 months now and absolutely love em...can't beat there price either.
By the way, having five screws just gives me alittle more piece of mind!!! and i have had no problems with them stripping at all

john-

·
Registered
110 Posts
Heard they are pretty damn good for the price... But don't have.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I would definitely recommend putting some thread locker on the back side before installing them. Every time you loosen them and re-tighten, the bolt backs off a little. It gives you have less thread to grab with the nut. Huge pain in the a$$. Other than that, great gears...

My $0.02

Nick

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yea that happened to me. I had them on for about a month and a half and I was messing with the settings when the screws started to strip. But other than that i like them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the next question. if they're so good, why are they so cheap (i'm a skeptic, i admit it.) and how do they compare weight wise to the stock ones?

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Originally posted by TigreTek:
the next question. if they're so good, why are they so cheap (i'm a skeptic, i admit it.) and how do they compare weight wise to the stock ones?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">these are lighter than stock by a good margin

They are inexpensive, cause some companies Whore items out making virtually no profit, which in turns brings down the market for all other similar items.

also this is just aluminum machined to a certain shape to create a cam gear.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Sometimes you just have to price to "be in the ballgame".

I believe that you will find the quality of the Fidanza cam gears as good or better than similar items on the market. I personally like the ideas of 5 bolts holding the gears together. There were some of the earlier designs (AEM's first design) that only incorporated 3 bolts...I thought that may have been a little "too light".

Fidanza cam gears in stock at www.newedgeperformance.com.

Tony D
Parts Pimp

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by Tony D:
There were some of the earlier designs (AEM's first design) that only incorporated 3 bolts...I thought that may have been a little "too light".
Tony D
Parts Pimp
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">many people running AEM cam gears on Hondas have had problems with them slipping, due to the 3 bolt design.

yeah, I know I refer to Hondas alot...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts