Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this isn't 100% related to the focus but, I used to have one and I figured i'd ask here since the fiesta faction forums are so dead. Are there ANY vendors that are willing to support the ford fiesta ? I am not looking to make 1000hp. I just want to improve the response of the engine, and do some slight tweaks to make the fiesta feel more alive. Maybe after I close on my house i'd look into more serious investments. Since this is a member of the compact ford family (and there is some commonality) i figured it wouldn't be inappropriate to post here. Please anyone help me out here. I have cash in hand and I am willing to beta test.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had heard that SCT was able to access the ECU in house at their approved facilities. I am not sure if anyone took advantage of that, they may have given up on it. I've had a Fiesta since 2010, and there was much rumor in the beginning for tuning from multiple vendors, most of which disappeared within the first year. With the release of the FiST, we may never see any tuning support.

Turbo Tom recently contacted me asking if I was interested in having him take a crack at doing it which would be great but I live in Alberta, and I think he would need a car in house to make the attempt. I was hoping FSWerks or Mountune or COBB would have taken a crack at it, but hope isn't a large enough market sadly.

Ps, Fiesta Faction is where the "normals" hang out. It's not dead yet...

Maybe someone on here will point you in a direction that we haven't seen yet.

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
Yeah, our "basic" fiestas aren't going to get any love. I think I've come to accept that.

If it's true that certain SCT places can tune it in house, a road trip might be in order down south.....

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
9,786 Posts
Guess it wouldn't hurt to message Randy and get an idea on cost or if this actual went through....

·
Registered
615 Posts
Guess it wouldn't hurt to message Randy and get an idea on cost or if this actual went through....
Randy is at Mountune since that thread was developed. So, I'm not sure if he can help us. Vik is still at FSWerks. I'd love a road trip to Cali to get tuned though!

·
9,786 Posts
Yeah, I knew that. Just know Randy has been THE man for as long as I can remember, and I'm sure he still is involved with it somehow. Not to take anything away from Vik or the guys at FSWerks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I knew that. Just know Randy has been THE man for as long as I can remember, and I'm sure he still is involved with it somehow. Not to take anything away from Vik or the guys at FSWerks.
Fswerks are a great bunch of guys. I think they were just called focus sport back in the day when I had my focus. I have not dealt with anyone else other than Jay @ HPtuners (he quoted me a ready date of Q2 of 2015) and SCT said they would get to it when they get to it, their ST tuner is ready already. Our 2014+ cars are pretty much the same as the euro cars (no MAF - all speed density now). I am giving myself an artificial date of 2/1/15. If no one has anything promising or any updates. I am going to start gathering some obd-2b/can tools and will start hacking away at it. It CANNOT be this difficult. I just feel like the tuners don't feel like its worthy of their time. I think that a well hopped up NA 4banger is a pretty enjoyable drive. People in Europe have been tuning the sigma engines for a VERY long time now and they are proven to be able to make alot of power, with the exception of the head the base engine is the ST/ecoboost engine.

BTW Fiesta faction is great, but I don't think there is much in there in the power and performance forum. I am willing to pay to help beta test a product and there are no companies out there that even want to try and approach this it seems.

·
9,786 Posts
Oh, I've dealt with FSWerks/Focussport for years, been there a couple times, etc. As I said, that comment wasn't meant to take away from them at all. Heck, I called Vik today for an item. I just forgot to ask aboot custom tuning while I was on the phone.

It's less than an 8 hour drive for me, and I can always just visit friends for a day or two.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Jealous. Me.

Smurf, please let me know if you hear anything promising please.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Doesn't look like any tuners are interested in this, i'll look down some other avenues at this point.
It doesn't help that Ford has switched ECUs 3 times since releasing the Fiesta in NA. 11-12 same ECU, 13 different, 14 different. I hear that Pumaspeed is working on calibrations for NA 1.0 EB cars, so turbo's get the love again!

·
9,786 Posts
No go on FSWerks according to Vik.

Guess I could shoot Randy a email and see if he's still in the game, even though it seems he's working mostly with Cobb now... =/

·
Registered
615 Posts
No go on FSWerks according to Vik.

Guess I could shoot Randy a email and see if he's still in the game, even though it seems he's working mostly with Cobb now... =/
I wish there was enough demand for Mountune to give us some MR/MP love for the "normal" fiesta.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts