Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that everyone is always looking for the non-riceist(yeah, that's not a word)exhaust sound. I gotta tell you guys that I just got the F.S cat back on today and was very surprised how subdued the tone is. No growling or police attention grabbing sound--just a nice raspy bark at WOT. Noticed a nice even pull past 4 grand now. Fits flush with the bumper and is a clean looking little piece. Don't know how the Bosal stacks up, but I am thouroughly impressed. Sound off if you got one.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It's well made, sounds great, has a perfectly integrated OEM European style tip and **is as thoroughly tested as any exhaust available**. All this and offered by a great Focaljet sponsor.
You can't go wrong with FS.....

[ 10-17-2002, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: ZXmurph ]

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yeah I agree with ZXmurph on this one. It sounds really cool and looks way low pro. I'm not into the big huge can exhaust because I don't want any extra police attention. It's definitely as good as any available. My only complaint is that I didn't know Magnaflows catback was on sale at same time I bought my pipe from FS. And Magnaflow is full stainless and the FS I bought is aluminized stainless(not as pretty). I don't think Magnaflow 's price has been that low since. Overall though I'm satisfied I mean you can't look at all that tubing all the time when you're driving anyhow. So what the f--k!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I really like the looks of the FS, it is high on my list of catbacks for the near future. Did you go aluminized or ss?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by saywha?:
I noticed that everyone is always looking for the non-riceist(yeah, that's not a word)exhaust sound. I gotta tell you guys that I just got the F.S cat back on today and was very surprised how subdued the tone is. No growling or police attention grabbing sound--just a nice raspy bark at WOT. Noticed a nice even pull past 4 grand now. Fits flush with the bumper and is a clean looking little piece. Don't know how the Bosal stacks up, but I am thouroughly impressed. Sound off if you got one.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think i'd like the focus sport exhuast. It's probably a little quieter than the bosal, which isnt *that* loud. BUT its much stealthier than the bosal for sure.

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
I will be changing to the FS exhaust in the near future. Nothing like doing a bunch of mods and then doing them over again.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Originally posted by zx3ford:
Nothing like doing a bunch of mods and then doing them over again.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

the fs exhaust is great. at first it was a little too quiet for me but when i get race headers next month, i think i'll appreciate it a lot more. i got the aluminized exhaust but we don't have enough snow here in dallas to rust the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I love mine! I have the ceramic coated alumized exhaust. It rocks. I love the sound of it, and it definitely made a noticeable difference at expressway speeds (biggest improvement seemed to be in midrange, but with some improvement at higher RPM as well). The exhaust tip is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, of all of them I've seen on the Focus.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the aluminized, but hit it with about 3 coats of high temp exhaust paint that supposedly protects it from corrosion (on the outside, at least), so I'm thinking it should last for a long time. I was just looking at it today and like the way it looks more and more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts