Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ZX3 with a 1.5" drop... I did use a search but didn't come up with much. What kind of offsets can be used in this case, and is it viable to use spacer plates?

·
Registered
460 Posts
With a 1.5" drop you'll want to go between a +42mm and +48mm offset. If you plan on running 17" or 18" rims try to get a +45mm. offset. That will allow you to run a wide tire without any rubbing.

Some people get away with a +40mm. offset by using a 205mm width tire. I personally have 17" O.Z. Superleggras with a +42mm. offset. I run 215/40's and have a 1.5" drop and never rub.

+45mm will pretty much guarantee you that it will not rub. Alot of the rims out there come in +40mm offsets but you can find the right ones with a little searching.

hope that helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
definately, I was planning on running OZ Chronos in 17" trim with 215/45s. If the wheel doesn't come in 42mm+ offset can you use some sort of spacers? or would a smaller tire be in order, like a 205/45?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
you can't use a apacer. The 40mm offset pushes the wheel out towards the fender. You would have to do the smaller tire. You can try finding a shop that would trim the hub, but I wouldn't trust that.

good luck.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Raziel...good choice on the wheels
You'll love O.Z. quality.

The Chronos come in a +42mm. offset the same as my Superleggras. You probably will not rub with a 215/45/17 but I'd go with a 205/45 or 215/40 to play it safe. What springs/dampers are you going to use?

Depending on the brand and make of tire I've heard alot of conflicting stories.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am currently using the Eibach Pro System Plus

So the rubbing is supposed to occour on the outside of the wheel?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts