Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay the project is done, GT28RS Xios Kit..Very nice, but here is my issue that I need all my FI Family to help me out with. My oil inlet fitting from the top of the turbo to my feed line is leaking at the base of the fitting :thumbdown I went out and got another one from a performance shop that deals with Garrett turbos, replaced leaky inlet fitting and POOF..fixed, for about 30 minutes..then starts all over again. Has anyone had a similiar problem? Help is very much appreciated and encouraged..lol..Its not spraying just dripping, I checked housing were fitting sits, no cracks, threads are fine, what could be causing this?

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
teflon tape the threads?

·
is REALLY worried about very little things...
5,145 Posts
Also heard you need an oil restrictor sometimes...

·
Registered
198 Posts
if its a ball bearing turbo then you need an oil restrictor. however that shouldnt cause the fitting to leak. it sounds like you might need some high-temp teflon tape/paste for the threads on the fitting (should always be used on NPT fittings)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First fitting I used ARP teflon paste, second fitting I did not use the paste. Talked to a Garrett dealer and they said they don't use it, so I thought, "Hey, first time it leaks with the paste, lets try no paste the second fitting"...I have some pictures but nothing too fancy, didn't want to stop the build to step back and click, I know I am lazy..I will post them up in abit ..I guess I will try taking the new fitting out and ARPing that thing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts