Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after more than a year of going back and forth between what car to buy/lease I finally have made my decision...

$2300 down
$399/mo + tax 39 Mos 12K mile lease
Approx: $14,500 residual.

I'm not worrying about the miles since I won't be peanlized if I decide to buy the car at the end of the lease. It's a sweet ride and I've wanted it since it came out. I'm getting the 5 spd loaded with everything except navigation.

I'll post pics as soon as I take delivery.

[ 04-17-2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: gsmooth75 ]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
k, i fixed it....
Now I'll have to sell my Focus for sure..hoping to get $7K for it...we'll see.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
holy crap!!!...how much for that turbo set-up...me wants...
oh, and btw, there are ways to lease and then purchase and still get a good deal. I can purchase it at the end, sell it for more than my residual after adding a few performance upgrades, and actually make a little bit of profit... depending on the market of course.
either way, i'm all about lowering my payment as much as possible.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE!!!!!

new lease structure, i almost got put together...LMAO!!!

$2850 down
$329/mo
39 mos
12k mile/year lease
money factor from .0012 to .0099

so basically $70 less for 39 months approx $2100 for about $500 more down.
saving about $1500!!!!!

[ 04-14-2003, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: gsmooth75 ]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well, i thought those figures were too good to be true also. after a whole day of phone tag w/ 2 dealers and having my GSM talk to 2 Lexus GM's here's what I get:

$2300 down
379/month + tax
39 months, 12K miles/year
residual is about $16K

cap cost before reduction ( prcie of car if I were to buy it) $29,100, which is about $600 over invoice, MSRP is $32,236.

So, all in all it's a good deal, somehow I have a payment $20 less than the national lease program from Lexus. The $329/month is for lease loyalty customers who previously lease a Lexus or Toyota.

I have an appointment tomorrow at 9am w/ Putnam Lexus in Redwood City, CA unless Oakland Lexus calls me up and somehow beats this deal. I will post pics ASAP.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I got it!!!...This car is so sweet, I love it already. I programmed my garage door this morning, I loaded the cd changer, and I'm going to put a coat of sealer this weekend. My detail guy at my dealership will give me the $379 detail for $100 under the table.

He's really good. The only thing wrong so far is a tiny little chip on my hood, which the dealership will fix, but that's a 60 mile drive one way...sucks

I'll probably get a loaner for a day, maybe that cool RX330.
ANyways, I don't have my digi cam around, so I will develop my film today and post pictures in a day or so...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.