Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for a long time was having problem with my fuel pump. It was giving me horrible MPG and saying I was empty all the time. So I bought the part of eBay for 75 bucks, the guy assured me that his 2003 fuel pump would work with mine and they were the exact same part. So I took his word for it.
Well when I dropped my tank out and opened it up....they were NOT the same part. The 2003 fuel pump had a fuel filter that was sticking to the side of the pump while the 2001 had the filter on the bottem of the pump. Plus inside the tank, the pump of my car sat in this cup like thing, so I couldnt just stick the new pump in, I had to break that ring out. Finally got it done and put the new pump in
Car works great now, no more fuel economy problems, and my car is happily saying its fuel now.......after I spent 30 bucks on gas

·
Registered
231 Posts
My gas tank needle tends to drop slower when its above half. Mine will stay at full, or realy close to it, until about 40. I think it'll be okay but just keep an eye on it.

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
yeah same here, i get about 50 miles on full, then another 50 before 3/4 then it drops off pretty steadily after that

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
Hey Jeremy,
That's normal
. My needle takes a while to drop like the few mentioned above and then it will reach a point that it finally moves. I've been getting around 300-330 miles a tank lately with the AC on

the Dirt Brown Kona in Arizona

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay you guys were right, it started dropping around 50 miles. And I got 78miles so far for burning a quarter tank, had to run around town a lot these past days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts