Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my hands on a C1 Focus for the week. Had to get a 1.6L Automatic, AUGH. Any how if anyone thinks that the car in not a joint effort well all you have o do is look under the windshield washer bottle cap and read VOLVO I will get a photo of it and it nxt to my focus. I got to beat on it this weekend at the auto-x. Not bad actually. The rear seat room as great. It drives very well. The sidplays are great and I like the Audish middle info station. The radio system for a base unit is really good. The seats are comfy but I am thin so too much lateral movement. If your butt is a little wider than mine then you will love it. It is quiet but the engine is a little buzzy and it too small for the automatic. The Auto haas a manual setting but if you get too high in the revs it will shift for you. Shifting is a little soft in sport mode but useable. 100mph cruising is nice and comfy. The car handles very well at this speed in the curves, very forgiving. When pushed at the auto-x it really goes well for a stock car. After 5 laps though the brakes were not to happy nor the tires. On the austo bahn it the car squats when you really get into the brakes, not dip. When the car does get loose you can get it back rather easily. When the car goes all the way around it is stable and does not give you the sense of tipping. Yes I got it around, something like 480 degrees worth. Come on I had to try it. The dash is great but a little bland. The coating gives of no glare that I could see but I am sure if you hit it with armor all it would reflect. The heated windshield should be a standard feature on all cars. The person driving it mostly is 4'8" and she had no problems sliding it around at the track. Yes I did beat 2 cars with this thing. Tyhere is way more room than the MK1 Focus. Although I have a ZX3 and this was a 5dr. It is much easier to see out and the hoodline good to do close parking with. Don't really know what else to say so if you have any questions as away.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
1.6 huh....let me kno when u get ur hands on a ST

na, definitely post some pics, 1.6 or not i would love to see it

we live vicaresly through you

-chris

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK it will be around for the next week so I have time. I have to tear into the car and see what other VOLVO parts there are on it.

On another note when you go to put washer fluid in it you have to do it SLOWLY as if you go too fast it all slashes out because it is shaped like a bowl and has a small down tube opening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts