Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i finally got around to preping the parts about 2.5 weeks ago. Im a lazy bastard for the most part. But i got everything bare then filler primered it all and wet sanded it. Took it up to Fraser Auto Body. I droped all the peices off (front, back, sides, all side trim, mirrors, hadles, bezels, and hatch). Took 1.5 weeks but its was cheaper then the other places wanted to charge for even just the lip kit not even sides. one place wanted $500 for the kit alone. So any ways John over at Fraser Auto Body says he can do it for paint and clear coat. In all everything painted and cleared costed $200 (red is an expensive color). He did a great job. Im really happy with the results. So got it home took everything off. The back hatch peice was a bitch though.... The two outside studs snaped the second i even tried to turn them and then the middle stub broke off of the pastic so it was just spinnign... so i just drilled it out. took about 3.5 hours to take off all the foam tape from the side until i got enough balls to use a razor. So working it the soon to be rain i finised up around 9:30 with the handles...

It looks nice though....
But its still a 4 x 4

AND NOW ON TO THE PICTURES....

Kaminari Lip Kit on car....

What do you guys think..... Nice????? I like it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Good choice for the kit, don't drop it too much, it will scrape. I can't believe you paid only $200 for the whole enchilada
Did you get a good deal on the kit as well ?

=dRe=

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the kit (front, rear, and sides) for $175 from madcow and he also threw in a set of FC front coil-overs (becuase i drove from michigan to vermont to get them) So Really i would say $450 for the WHOLE thing with parts and paint. I plan on just selling my stuff took off. I had gotten an extra set.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Ahh, madcow..from yellow to red, huh ?...
What happen to him, did he get rid of his focus ?

=dRe=

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Very nice look. I will soon be aquiring the Kaminari front lip too. Looks excelent. Good to know what the finished product could look like. I'd say go for a good 1.5 to 2 inch drop.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
1 question what steps did u do to paint all that black plastic like ur mirrors, side moldings etc.?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts