Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, most of us have either heard of, or actually complained, about the "taking the right turn and lost power" fuel pump problem. lo and behold, i pick up the business page this morning and FINALLY! the government is actually conducting tests because of it! guess there have been 18 reported accidents and 4 reported injuries about it...along with 3000+ complaints to the national safety board.

sooo...the govt is going to test at the ohio facility to see if this really IS a problem. (it can't possibly NOT be a problem.) ya know, if you're in ohio, you can "rent" your car to the government for testing. i guess they advertised this in the columbus dispatch...

i'm so happy this might become a recall!

read the article here:
focus fuel pump article

[ 12-19-2002, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: achanjr ]

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If this does turn into a recall, there will be many many happy Focus owners. I am not having problems, but considering my trunk latch died 2 months out of warranty ($40 part), I would be happy to have Ford gimme something for free.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by drivefaster:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Egz:
I'll bet it won't affect mine.

Almost 24k on my 2001 ZX3, and nary a problem.
<knocks on wood>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Keep knocking, mine didn't start to go bad until 36,000 miles, just out of warranty. If they do recall, I wonder if I'll still get reimbursed even though the car was totalled?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And mine started a few months ago.....just above 36 k at around 41,000. It's sooooo cool now.
I *HAVE* to keep my tank at 3/4 or my car dies in a right hand turn. It's tickin' me off.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they said they're testing it for all years...2000, 2001, and 2002. i guess it's good news for all those who haven't done it yet...

not sure if it applies to the svt. they didn't specify any certain focus. they just said they're researching about the "contamination of the plastic fuel pumps."

[ 12-19-2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: achanjr ]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
717 Posts
At 43k miles on my 2000 ZTS, my fuel pump is soooo in the process of dying. I have a new pump waiting to be installed; I just need to find the time to do it.

It'd be cool if they made it a recall within the next week or so, so I could just take it in. I doubt it, though.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
yeah man... join the ranks of hundreds of us... I just had my fuel pump replaced due to this issue a couple months ago.

Ford is well aware of this issue and will fix it quickly under warranty

·
Registered
244 Posts
Originally posted by Egz:
I'll bet it won't affect mine.

Almost 24k on my 2001 ZX3, and nary a problem.
<knocks on wood>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Keep knocking, mine didn't start to go bad until 36,000 miles, just out of warranty. If they do recall, I wonder if I'll still get reimbursed even though the car was totalled?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just wanted to revive this one for a thought that I didn't mention before. When the NHTSA does the tests I hope they do it when the weather is WARM and not 15 degrees. Otherwise, we may not ever get this one resolved.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
How warm are you talking about? Mine does it at any temp. (40+ f.) if my tank is < 1/2.

·
Registered
376 Posts
what happened w/ this? I couldnt get past 2rpm on my way home from school today!!!

and the same crap happened to my fathers Expedition last summer!!!! im starting to not like ford!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts