Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Very nice piece. I'm considering the Edelbrock too. Nice S2, are you headlights black or dark gray. Second best to my Liquid Grey S2...haha...j/k.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the headlights w/ flat black high temp engine paint & the header came from Summit Racing (back order for 1 month).

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
probably purchased through summit being the magazine is right next to it....

looks good

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Nice ! Tell us how you like it for performance etc... I would like to know that ! Never got info on it.

Is there other parts EdelBrock doo for the focus that would be nice !? I know they make nos system, but other then that ?

It's a great company for other cars soo I was wondering wich other parts they do for the focus, would like to get it probably if it,s good.

There website is kinda slow ! may be somewhere else we could have more info !?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have had my Edelbrock on for about three months now, love it and no problems. Keep an eye on your cat, I fried mine a few weeks ago. I tend to punch it a lot and not sure if from weak cat or good flow, but it is a well designed shorty. More info in the search threads under "Edelbrock"

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Is that some sort of shield above the header in the first pic? Also on the flange that bolts up to the block, are the welds smooth?

[ 02-16-2003, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: ZX3 Canuck ]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes that is a heat shield that bolts over the header like the OEM shield, only this one has the Edelbrock insignia on it. And yes the welds are smooth all over.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Originally posted by 1BadEgg:
I have had my Edelbrock on for about three months now, love it and no problems. Keep an eye on your cat, I fried mine a few weeks ago. I tend to punch it a lot and not sure if from weak cat or good flow, but it is a well designed shorty. More info in the search threads under "Edelbrock"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmm i have no cat, I like that it comes with a heat sheild, i dont know if I would use it or not. What is the weight of the sheild?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Originally posted by ILfocus:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 1BadEgg:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmm i have no cat, I like that it comes with a heat sheild, i dont know if I would use it or not. What is the weight of the sheild?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nothing, it weighs hardly anything!!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
the heat shield is a definite plus on the looks of the system. most people that i know that have shorty headers also have the insulation on the hood starting to break apart from the heat. very nice looking header. how much was it? being lazy and not searching

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Originally posted by matthew:
the heat shield is a definite plus on the looks of the system. most people that i know that have shorty headers also have the insulation on the hood starting to break apart from the heat. very nice looking header. how much was it? being lazy and not searching
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">a shorty header buring the hood??

Damn, i got my turbo sitting just as high as the top of the shorty header, probbably runs 4-5 times hotter, and no problems with the hood yet

1 - 18 of 18 Posts