Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
Did you paint the area under the tails and in the door jambs, engine bay, etc....?

I sure hope you did.

·
Registered
61 Posts
wow, turned out nice.
i probably would've painted the moldings on the side to make it look cleaner. but good job, l

·
Registered
61 Posts
wow, turned out nice.
i probably would've painted the moldings on the side to make it look cleaner. but good job, looks good!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Anxious to know if this was a garage project. Did you use spray gun? or paint can?

It appears to me u did you own prep work and sent it off to be painted, a macco job.

However, it still is a wondeful paint job. Like theo thers have said. Since its a different color did they get into the door jams, engine bay, behind taillights, things like that. Ull find soon after uve lived with a paint job that certain areas werent colored correctly.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
If you put yellow stripes or something on it, and you did leave the jams yellow, it would be kinda cool.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Pretty nice. Hope you don't get rear ended with that bumper molded on now.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I call BS!

Looks like a completely differnet car. Nice paint work, and I too hope you painted everything else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no it wasnt i send out, the mirrors, tail lights and etc. were all pulled off before we sprayed the car, and yes, we did use a gun. tail lights were taped when we took the pictures, and in our stupidity realized what we were doing a few minutes later. the rear is a scorpion molded onto back of the car. we put on a base primer layer, 6 layers of black, going to wet/dry sand with 1600 grit in about 2 weeks, then clear it.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
no it wasnt i send out, the mirrors, tail lights and etc. were all pulled off before we sprayed the car, and yes, we did use a gun. tail lights were taped when we took the pictures, and in our stupidity realized what we were doing a few minutes later. the rear is a scorpion molded onto back of the car. we put on a base primer layer, 6 layers of black, going to wet/dry sand with 1600 grit in about 2 weeks, then clear it.

Damn 1600 grit, that bitch must have turned out ROUGH as hell. Good luck man, looks good from the pics.

Scott

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
thank god you got another yellow car off of the road. I wish that colour never came out in any automobile.

sir, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, welcome to the black Foci club, our cars may be hot as hell in the summer, but they are HAWT in the winter too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For that amount of time, why not pick a better back bumper and sides to match?
a. not all of us have the same ideas of what looks good as what you do.

b. havnt put sides on due to inability to fit on drive-on (alignment rack) at work, and i ordered a tein ss system to replace my sport-lines

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Good work, though I don't like blended kits, because they always crack in short order.

Otherwise, not too shabby.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i would have done the rest of the car the same color, and did you paint the jams???? never answered. also, should have smoothed either the whole car, or nothing at all, you know?
Adamo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts