Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally some good ET\'s

Well the last two times out I had been disapointed with my performance but Friday night I finally ran what I think is where I should be....All runs on Street Tires @20psi, temp was roughly 90 degrees at 6:30 PM....

Best Run
R/T .703
60' 2.392
1/4 15.995
MPH 85.81

R/T 1.120
60' 2.431
1/4 16.099
MPH 85.07

My favorite run of the night was the last one. I raced a 93 4 Door Accord with an H22A and stand alone fuel managment..

me------------------ Him
R/T .671-------------1.042
60' 2.380------------2.492
1/4 16.004-----------15.941
MPH 85.55------------88.32

I left him at the light and won the race by .3089...HE told me he is WAY faster on the street...but I won at the track and that is all I care about...I am just happy to have broken the 16 sec barrier...Drag radials and an Intake and I'll be in the 15's consistently...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Re: Finally some good ET\'s

I was there and watched the nucular banana run the amazing 15.9
I only ran a 15.019 at 91mph at 930pm when it was still 90 degrees.

Good run lox,
Sucks i lost my money to you, but it was nice of you to offer not to take it when i had a really bad run. You won fare and square!

I sooooo love Gateway international Raceway in Madison IL.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

gj man, but still tune that car, it should go faster than that (altitude of gateway is...only 413') so go get em.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

The 15.01 was at kcir, which is more country than bo and luke duke. when you were staged in the left lane your car would roll backwards.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

all our tracks here in md you roll forwards, so i have my 2 feet holdin all 3 pedals (interestin to look at).

kcir is still only 800', not bad.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

yea, the dis2 will be hooked up next week when the tach adapter comes in then to the dyno, and prob a delta chip too. Thanks for the "GJ" one day i will be in the 13's hopefully this yea but def, next year
mike

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

was talkin bout both of ya, but yeh cool...i remember when 'luminosa' when 15s for the 1st time...good feelin.

hopefully both of you save your money, and pass on the next FFW event thats near you 2. waste of money like i said, lame car count, no crowds, no respect, and you'll run stock auto grocery getters or pit cars (of the wifey's sedan) all day long...and they run the same 17/18sec passes all day.
they havent pulled more than 4 cars in 5 events lol...last 1 was 3 hehe (fastest et was 16.1 lol). they've even resorted to puttin the sponsor contingency decals all over every car despite the fact their stock, just to please the sponsors hehehe.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hey Ult...what do you think is the next step in "tuning" my car. I am going to attempt to allign the cams at TDC for now, until I can afford some cams and cam gears...is there anything else yu would recommend??? Thanks, oh yeah and Ilfocus is the shizzle dizzle with the Nos bottle....Peace

Lox

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

y2k mani (if you dont have 1) and a MAF, that will finish off your intake/exhaust solution...then wait for stix and sprockets.

who's intake you have btw?

-Ult

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

He is running a stock intake with a k&n drop in filter. I thought his time was excelent for stock intake, stock tires, and his other mods.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

yeah, he needs to pump up his intake side of things...done all the exhaust, now he needs to take the 'asthmatic' factor outta his ride.

get that done, then stix and sprockets....

so your on juice eh? coo....i'm gonna run soon, finally nail that 14sec mark b4 winter.

mcnews just went 13s w/their house car on juice...plenty left and on a slow track (hot day head wind too).

-Ult

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

Yea just a 50 shot for now, i got the dis2 and i am waiting for the tach adapter to run the 75. I got the internals built for the n2o so now i need is the cams and gears, and try to keep the fuel psi up enough to support the shot of n2o.
Good luck with yours, i went through a whole 10lb bottle on my first weekend with it, i would like to run the 50 shot untill i get into the 14's i am trapping almost 92mph so i know the 14's are there just the matter of learning to drive with the juice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts