Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard is this going to be to find an intake manifold from an early 2000 focus at a salvage yard. and what is the diff between early and late model 2000 manifolds. id like to pick one up and port it myself.

·
Registered
836 Posts
It might be kinda hard to find one depending on where you live. Most the junk yard around me pull the engine first thing and sell it. As for another source to get them i know that Focustrends.com sells them already ported for a good price.......Russell

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
What's the benifits of the early 2000 manifold vs after that? Was there major changes?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
the early 2000's flow better.

·
Registered
836 Posts
What's the benifits of the early 2000 manifold vs after that? Was there major changes?
Its been dyno proven that the 2000 intake manifold dyno's a few horsepower more then newer ones. So its an affordable bolt on of a proven couple of horsepower, and with the porting it will have even more.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
can they still be had on parts.com? do any sponsors carry them?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Adding item to wish list... well actually its an excel spreadsheet, but adding none the less

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
tks. that mod will have to wait for me to have extra money.

·
Registered
609 Posts
yeah, I have a 4 worksheet spreadsheet with plans for 2 cars and my entertainment system. I am a dork. but if I happened to find $260 on the street I would know exactly wehat to buy and where to get it!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
As much as my car is a pain, I have the early 2000 manifold and magnesium valve cover.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
As much as my car is a pain, I have the early 2000 manifold and magnesium valve cover.
*standing ovation*

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have a coworker who has both the magnesium cover and early 2000 intake. I keep trying to talk him into a swap...
so far no luck...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Searching the junkyards on-line I find two part numbers for the Focus intake... One begins with WS4E- and the other with 988F-

I suspect the 988F part is the older and more desirable intake manifold. Can anyone confirm this ?? Thanks...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
where do you find the magnesium valve cover?
I didn't. I have a 2000 ZX3 that came w/ the magnesium valve cover and manifold that everyone wants from me.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
it also comes with wheels that fall off, a battery power line that burns you, cupholders that suck, and a fuel pump that dies.

still want it?

·
Registered
609 Posts
it also comes with wheels that fall off, a battery power line that burns you, cupholders that suck, and a fuel pump that dies.

still want it?
I know about the wheels and battery (fixed by ford for free) and the feul pump (no problems yet at 45k) but what the hells wrong with my cup holders? and yes, I still like my 2000 zx3.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts