Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks AutoXchick for the pics you took with that crappy camera... they are the only ones i have right now (until smoke3006 and jwardell post
)

anyway, here are a few.

autoXchick and me
http://www.focusmotorsports.com/events/photos/10-05-03/Dscf0001.jpg

Wizard Racing

me

me again

jwardell
http://www.focusmotorsports.com/events/photos/10-05-03/Dscf0012.jpg

jwardell again

the queen of autoX

summary: this was my first event. autoXchick convinced me to go (by saying hey it's really fun, you should go.)

I had a blast. Such a blast i am thinking of getting a helmet, a pair of ZTW wheels (thanks autoXchick) and some falken Azenis to run on track days.

Edit - Max photo size is 640X480

·
Registered
744 Posts
glad you had fun , SCCA Solo 2 is a great thing. you'll like your azenis, I have Dunlop SP Sport FM901s (205/40/16) I love them. I have only a few small mods so I'm in STS

·
Registered
397 Posts
Naw man those Falkens can be ran as summer and autox tires. I was talking to some guys about them on sunday when i was at and autox a few miatas are on 3 summers running them as street tires and they still have plenty of tred. So what i'm doing is getting another pair of my rims and then gettin some of those azenis and run them in the summer and for autox adn then run my stock rims and tires in the winter

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Yep, this sport is addictive!

Only three races in I bought my own helmet. The racing tries will come soon, and the Falkens look to be the tire of choice. I'd rather find some other wheels and get victoracers, but that'll cost more, plus my car will be needing new tires soon I think.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason i want to get some track only tires, is that i am getting a pair of wheels for free, (15") and i just need to swap them @ the track, since the front tires take most of the abuse.

Also, having a slightly softer compound up front will help me rotate.

Also, i want to run track only fronts, so that my summer / 3 season street tires (no, not on stocks, those are winter) dont take too much abuse so i dont comprimise the safety of my STREET TIRES.

At any rate, i'm still psyched about it, i had so much fun... anyone who has never autoXed, go do it. it's such a great way to learn what your car is capable of, and in the focus, i dont think you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I"m so glad you had fun. I enjoyed helping you out and seeing you improve your times greatly. I knew you could do it alone.
I need a new camera though. Time to update on technology.

Let me know if you need any more assistance. I'm more than happy to help.

Oh yea, did you enjoy the ride I gave you? A bit different huh? I'm nuts. lol

Heather

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Awesome man!

I told you it was addicting!

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heather, i really do appreciate your help. Now whenever i drive autoX, i'll think "GAS!! GAS!! GAS! BRAKE!!!! GAS! GAS!"

when i went home my better half was jealous that i was speaking so highly of another woman. i was like "She can DRIVE! I mean like DRIVE DRIVE!"

My cousin also had a great time, thanks for taking him out.

Yeah, next time i go, if you could run with me again so that i can "not go off course" it'd be cool.

I printed out a pic, framed it, and put the "autocross badges" they gave us on it, and hung it in my office

Drew; yes. I love it.

It's funny, i could feel my weakest link... my tires.
mmmm... slight (but correctable) oversteer.

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
the liquid grey zx3 with the extra fog lights is sporting, rage breaker rims, right?

Mike

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's heather's CD silver Focus. i forget the type of wheel...

·
Registered
375 Posts
OMG! Awesome pics. I can't believe I was 3-wheelin it so much. And the rear was I believe 3/4 of a turn from full stiff, and the front was full soft.

By the way, the wheels are I believe DARE Motorsports. Light weight 17" I got on ebay brand new for $400. Couldn't beat it. I never heard of the brand but they are single lug and safer for racing. You cannot race on the track with multi-lug wheels becuase they are not as strong. Thats what I was told.

But I'm saving these pics. I really need to get a new camera. Awesome quality. Such sharpness.

Thanks again.
Heather

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
gj kid, keep at it. words of encouragement from a straightliner who respects those who get out and run, regardless of genre.

-Ult

1 - 14 of 14 Posts