Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From autoweek.com

Big money buys first customer-purchased Ford GT at auction

If you’re saving up for a Ford GT at the expected $130,000 list price, don’t hold your breath. While a Christie’s auction at Pebble Beach may skew values a bit, the first customer-purchased two-seat Ford GT sports car drew a top bid of $557,500 for a car initially expected to attract a top bid of no more than $180,000. Production of some 1500 annual units gets under way later this year.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Re: First Production Ford GT sells for $557,500!

Well so much for being less then a Ferrari

I know it’s not Fords fault.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts

Isn't it fascinating that all it takes is two stubborn deep-pockets to skew values for any "special" car.

dorks could have got an original Le Mans car for that.....of course, I'm guessing they have a few already

·
Registered
951 Posts

I doubt an original LeMans car, Murph. The original one that was out with those GT's that weekend sold for $7m earlier.

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
From autoweek.com

Big money buys first customer-purchased Ford GT at auction

If you’re saving up for a Ford GT at the expected $130,000 list price, don’t hold your breath. While a Christie’s auction at Pebble Beach may skew values a bit, the first customer-purchased two-seat Ford GT sports car drew a top bid of $557,500 for a car initially expected to attract a top bid of no more than $180,000. Production of some 1500 annual units gets under way later this year.
what interesting is that even though its WAY marked up...its like lots less that a 289 gt40 sold for at action..800k

·
Registered
95 Posts
[censored] for that price I will take 2.

·
Registered
482 Posts
probably a damn good investment ... having number one. that 550k will be worth 1.2 million in 12 years ... solid, no risk 6% plus the ego of it all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts