Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once I found out about the new ECU code, I called the local Ford dealer last night and told them I had a 2000-3000 rpm stumble, hard start, and battery light. He told me to bring it in this morning without taking any of my information for an appointment. I was prepared to go to the dealership this morning ready to fight for everything after hearing some of the horror stories on here.

I showed up at the dealership this morning bright and early at 7AM. The service attendant asked me what I was bringing it in for so I repeated all of the above plus a buzzing rear wiper washer when spraying (I found out later that it was buzzing because it was just low on fluid even though it showed NO signs of being low.....go figure). She then asked if I needed a ride to anywhere. I just said to her, "I was under the impression that SVT owners got a loaner car while their car is in for service." She asked what service advisor I spoke with and said that he probably set up the car already. I told her that he never took my information or set up an appointment so I doubt it.

She went and talked to the service advisor who then came over less than 3 minutes later with a slip of paper for me to take over to their Hertz Local Edition to get my car. The slip of paper showed all rental car charges were to be billed to the service department.
I was given a Pontiac Sunfire, and I must admit that while I hated the car, that thing was quite peppy for an automatic. A LOT more impressive than my old Neon DOHC auto was.

I got a call around 11:30 saying my car was done. He informed me that they needed to reprogram the ECU to fix all the problems I had listed. Needless to say, I was quite excited.

I went to the dealership at 2PM to pick up my car. I returned the rental car (only 15 miles driven) and was charged nothing. I then picked up the service ticket where it showed that they reprogrammed the ECU and about 2 minutes later they pulled my car around front. On the front seat was a slip of paper with TSB #03-19-11 on the top of it.
They had programmed the new ECU code like I was hoping.

I have to say, for my first experience with the Ford service department, I am happy. I didn't need to fight to get the rental car, or even inform them about the TSB and ECU code like I was prepared to do. They didn't wash or vacuum my car though, but since it was pouring rain, I think that was acceptable.

Oh, and yes, the car drives a LOT better so far. It is MUCH easier to launch the car now, it doesn't have the tendency to bog down when you have the A/C on. Stumble is also gone, but it still cranks over a couple of times before starting. That Sunfire started up with just a quick flick of the key.....THAT'S the way a car should start in my eyes. Hopefully it will get better as the car adapts to the new program....

If you have read all of this, I am impressed and thank you.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
It is great to see that they treated you the correct way Jason and I am glad that all of your concerns where handled in a prompt and professional manner.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
i am happy for you. i work for a fairly small ford dealership and in the last two days sort of went off on ford elsewhere here. yes there are places like that, i work in one. that is the way it works in a place where the employee is allowed (empowered to be fancy) to do the right thing.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
now that is the way it should be done. glad to hear you had a good experience. I called my dealer yesterday and gave him the tsb #. He said he would call me today after getting the tsb paperwork and after reading it because I didn't want to take it in and find out they needed a part. I know you don't, but I wanted them to get the info and download it(not sure if they did) before I bring it in. He called at 8:30 this morning and asked if I am experiencing anything in the TSB. I said yeah, 9 out of the 11 items listed. I am going in friday and also having them look at my rear driver seat belt.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well I got mine out of a 3 day service....I feel so relieved cause the other dealer that I used to take my car was a pain on the neck...but this guys now...are the best!!!
I'm going to extend here what they have done to my car in 3 days:
1. Reflash the ECU
2.Fix the water leak on the passenger floor board
3.fix my radio(9006 for 2nd time) they take like a week to fix it(it's ok)
4.balance and rotate the tires(they used the stick on weights)great the other guys used the cheap ones..!
5.Change the horn(2nd time)
6.I won a free oil change at the SVTOA meeting...they put the right one this time!!
7.rotors fixed..new pads(on the house)
8.rattling cat heat shield
9.Little loose back bumper.

Everything done in 3 days!!!!!

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the Ford of Tulsa south location, but I have heard some crappy things about them from another Focus owner. I am taking a wait and see stance on the service I got. We'll see if the service I recieved was legitimate or a one time fluke on my next visit there.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Its good to see people praisng good service. My dealership never gives me trouble, but they always give me a rental under my ESP, not SVT. I bet there is no difference though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts