Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to a place that had a dynojet. i did 2 runs. the firs run i did i had a 118.3 hp and 123.2 torque. the man that worked there said that diablo chips suck and i should try taking it out. so i did. my second run was 121.4 hp and 125 .torque. so the diablo sucks. i want to try to send it back and get a superchip so i can get it burned at the place that i got my car dynoed.

[ 09-21-2002, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: dday216 ]

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Superchips suck too. Don't get a chip yet

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
did u run the car 4 at least an hr after taking the chip out? if not, ur results could b scewed just as if u put the chip right after a non-chip pass. the ecu has 2 learn the prgm and work accordingly. not drivin in between gives the ecu no time 2 learn and adjust 4 everyday driving.

-Ult

·
Registered
309 Posts
You are telling me that if I go to the dyno and run the car one pass with the chip, in order for me to truly test the chip I have to take it out and run the car for an hour to really be able to measure performance?

Miguel

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Originally posted by mhernande:
You are telling me that if I go to the dyno and run the car one pass with the chip, in order for me to truly test the chip I have to take it out and run the car for an hour to really be able to measure performance?

Miguel
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yep. same reason you won't fully feel the effects of, say, an intake for a little bit after installation.

·
Registered
847 Posts
your peak #s may not mean squat in this case...take a look at the WHOLE curve on each of your dyno sheets before you decide whether or not the chip sucks. If your peak #s dropped 1-2 points but the curve itself was better (ie. the "under curve" area is noticeably larger), the chip may be worthwhile.

Having said that, I'm not convinced that they are worthwhile either, from a power standpoint. But you can remove the rev limiter, the fuel-shut off, raise idle, etc...so there are at least some positive applications on an n/a car.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Do a search. Cajun ran quarter mile tests with DiabloSport and Superchip equiped Focuses. Both showed significant (but not huge, of course) improvements. I *think* it was a .4 second drop in time in both cases (with the Superchip having a very small advantage).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts