Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the first time I've waxed my car (I've had it for a year). Wish me luck!

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
came out pretty good. i used meguiars NXT. i don't really know how to time it. apply to the whole car, then let dry for a WHILE or just for a few minutes. any pointers?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm not to sure about the proper procedures for NXT, but 90% of the time it's stated on the back of the bottle the best way to apply.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
I usually wait about 15 minutes to take it off. Most of the time the NXT dries fairly quickly, but 15-30 minutes should do the job depending on how thick you put it on. Remember, it only takes a little to do the trick.

dentless dave!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
You can usually see wax "haze" as it dries, then you know they're ready. The lighter the coat, obviously, the less time it'll take to dry on... but if you wait too long sometimes it takes more elbow grease to get the wax back off.

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, it came out pretty good. i ran out of tire-shine stuff, and i bought some meguiars tire shine stuff. Its great, I highly recomend it.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
this is how I usually tell if it's dry...

during the 15-30 minutes...I'll periodically take my pinky and quickly swipe a spot of wax....look at it from all angles and if it still leaves streaks, it's not dry. If you swipe it with your pinky and it leaves no residue behind, it's usually dry.

I think I should have said that in my last post....duh...

dentless dave!!

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks alot

·
Registered
993 Posts
wait a second...you guys wax the entire car and let it dry for 15 minutes, then take it off? i was always under the impression u can only do sections at a time, and only let dry for like a minute. please tell me im not retarded..

·
Registered
446 Posts
It depends on the brand of wax. Some tell you to do one section at a time, other's tell you to do the whole car. I know of at least 1 (Zymol..?) that you must remove it before it dries.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
wait a second...you guys wax the entire car and let it dry for 15 minutes, then take it off? i was always under the impression u can only do sections at a time, and only let dry for like a minute. please tell me im not retarded..
ya, some say do one section at a time, but others are safe to do the whole car with.

NXT is safe to do the whole car with because it doesn't require a lot of force to take off.

there are some out there that are a total pain in the arse to take off though. these, I would definately do one panel at a time.

dentless dave!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
ok thanks, cuz sometimes (with certain waxes) ill only do like a quarter of the hood and when i get the microfiber to buff it out, it takes some serious rubbing.

i figured that it was certain waxes since the meg. cleaner wax could be applied to whole car b4 buffing out.

glad that NXT is same way...btw, how do u guys like that wax?

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
I do, cuz it's an over the counter sealant. Anything with polymers is a sealant....not just a wax.

dentless dave!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts