Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm Not Better Than You Since I Drive a Porsche, I
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just replaced the brakes on my car. It has 4-wheel disc brakes, ABS, and traction control. The lights are still staying on, the ABS,and BRAKE lights are on. Anybody know how to get those to turn off? THANKS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Uhmm.. the best suggestion I can give is take the negative cable off of your battery for an hour or so to reset your ECU (unless you have it chipped or programmed differently than stock, then don't).

·
Registered
993 Posts
Uhmm.. the best suggestion I can give is take the negative cable off of your battery for an hour or so to reset your ECU (unless you have it chipped or programmed differently than stock, then don't).
or you could disconnect the bulbs from the dash and the problem is solved permanently. :p

I'd be interested to know what causes those lights to come on in the 1st place... my car's brakes checked out fine and I only have 15,000km ~ 9,500 miles, but I have the same light issue.

It's in at the dealership today, so I'll let you know what the root cause was.

[edit]just got a call from the dealership... appears to have been a couple of faulty sensors [/edit]

·
I'm Not Better Than You Since I Drive a Porsche, I
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i have abs, and traction control, and i cant just disconnect the cable, cause the abs and traction still dont work

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have the Advance Trac option...

turned out to be a grounding problem on one of the censors I think.

The work order for the repair states the following:

Cause: 15464 14401 - 28 CUST H19 ABS DIAGNOSIS 2219D 0.8 ABS PINPOINT
2219D13 0.3 REPAIRED GROUND G65, CIRCUIT 91-CF71 14200A 0.4
WIRING PINPOINT.

that probably doesn't mean much to anyone other than ford techs, but you could be experiencing a similar sensor or harness grounding problem. In my case the ford techs hooked the car to their computer, and it was diagnosed almost instantly...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts