Ford Focus Forum banner

[FJ] Official Guidelines are now posted online

2K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  tdot-zx3 
#1 ·
Please review them here.

The staff and moderators have developed these to help clear up any "gray areas" regarding posting on Focaljet. Most are simply common sense, please read and abide by them.

The guidelines will evolve over time, based on need.

Please feel free to ask for clairification on any guidelines in this thread.

Thanks,
Ron

[ 12-18-2002, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: wrcfan ]

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by tdot-zx3:
AHHH .. what happened to ..

DO NOT ask for money for personal reasons, we all dont care that you want us to pay for your stuff.

?!?!?!?????
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That issue is being reviewed and very well may make it into the next version. I wanted to get these up before the end of the year as a starting point.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
SaTaNcLaUz pretty much covered most of the questions.

Just remember, these "rules" are not new. This is basically how the board has been run since day one.

It's just that with newbies and the occasional member that doesn't know... it gives a everyone a common "interface".

People have bugged me forever to put it in writing so that at least everyone knows what is expected... so there it is.

[ 12-18-2002, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: wrcfan ]

Discussion starter · #27 ·
And NO it doesn't mean that discussions can't be heated. Contrary to what people may think, I DO encourage debate... it's just that I would also encourage people to step up their debating skills when doing so.

Debating, disagreeing, etc. is one thing. Just, as stated, leave personal attacks and libelous comments out of posts. There are differences, I just want people to realize that.

Opinion: "I bought Company XYZ's intake and IMHO it didn't add any HP to my car all".

Attack: "Yo, Company XYZ sucks ass, their **** ain't ****. And yo, (insert member name here) since you is runnin' that ****, then your car sucks".

See the difference, the first example is an honest opinion (which people can either take or ignore), the second example is just basically BS. I guess it gets the point accross that the person doesn't like XYZ but it also attacks another member for his decision to use XYZ's components.

I'm not trying to sterilize the environment, I'm just challenging people to be a bit more articulate.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
In regards to P2P file sharing services. Will talking about KaZaA get you banned? NO

Will saying, "Hey, does anyone have the new BLAH BLAH song they can email me?" get you banned?

Well, first you shouldn't be saying that in accordance with the guidelines.

If you do, then the thread will locked or probably deleted.

Second, if you don't learn your lesson the first time your thread is deleted, then yes you will probably get a 1 week ban. For being stupid if for no other reason

[ 12-18-2002, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: wrcfan ]

Discussion starter · #30 ·
On the topic of post whoring:

Most of you know what is and what isn't. This guideline HAS to be included or we would have anarchy (which is fine in the U.K. BTW, but not here
).

Does that mean that every post that every person makes has to be a literary gem? NO, of course not. The rule is there to keep people from going overboard.

Of course the main reason to whore is to drive your post count higher so everyone can see how "knowledgeable" you are

But, as usual in a group, a few people had to push it, which caused us to eliminate public display of post counts. Which, of course, screwed it up for everyone.

[ 12-18-2002, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: wrcfan ]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.