Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pixs of the fk coilover as low as they go. Or any pixs plus where they are adjusted 2. Thanks

Kee

·
Registered
631 Posts
[edit - Damn I feel dumb, I just realized you were asking about the FK coilover kit not the KW kit... what time is it? Almost 1am here I better get some sleep. Well, I hope this info helps someone!
]

Kee - I installed a set of KW Variant 3 coilovers not to long ago on BRI's SVT. I have to say that I was really impressed with the overall quality of the kit. The shock body is completely made of SS, the shaft on the dampers were F***** HUGE(talk about beefy) and they are two way adjustable(see graph below that I got from the KW website)).

Now with coilovers the car rides completely flat. Hardly any body roll is visible and after many weeks of "tunning" the shocks he now has a good ride, it's not jaw-jarring, but it is firmer than a stock SVT(but then again he does have a special kit).
It looks fairly low with the stock SVT wheels/tires but it does not rub and it looks real good with a set of 16" rota grids and some 215/45 Azeniz!
I have some pictures of his car but can't post cuz I don't have a server to host them plus I'd have to ask Bri if it were OK to post pictures of his car. [edit] I just remember Bri posted a picture of his SVT at AutoX we did right after the install(it's in the post you suspension set-up tread).

SVT after KW Coilover install

Graph of Rebound adjustment range

Graph of Bump adjustment range

The only gripe that I have heard about the kit from Bri is that KW is a little slow with the tech support on how to properly tune the shocks.
It's a shame, cuz if they had better tech/customer support I think Bri would be on here singing about the kit.
(Remember these are two way adjustables so it harder to tune them if you have never done it before... shoot it took me about a month to nail down the setting on my koni's and they only have one adjustable). lol

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Henry.. can you check with Bri, and see if he can check is springs and get the spring rates on them? We're curious to see if the rate is stamped on them.

Good info the KW's though

·
Registered
631 Posts
Henry.. can you check with Bri, and see if he can check is springs and get the spring rates on them? We're curious to see if the rate is stamped on them.

Good info the KW's though
Actually that's another thing that Bri's pissed about, KW has not anwsered his questions on what spring rates his kit has. There were some numbers on the springs themselves but what do they mean? Dunno

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya i was thinking about those 2 but in another thread it said they were only 333lbs in the front. I want stiffer then that. But if they got good rates I would consider it. Thanks for the info henry

BTW what in the hell do those graphs mean????

Kee

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Ya i was thinking about those 2 but in another thread it said they were only 333lbs in the front. I want stiffer then that. But if they got good rates I would consider it. Thanks for the info henry

BTW what in the hell do those graphs mean????

Kee
Well it's force vs. velocity, so I'd say it shows how quickly the dampers will respond to certian loading on them.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see so which line is better?

Come on people I know that you have FK coilovers out there lets see some pixs please.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess. I know there are a few people on the jet that have them but no one seems 2 be responding
. No love

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Here is the only pic of a car on FK's that I'm aware of:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks david
, I wish ron would chime in and say how low he had the settings.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Do you want me to pull my front wheel off so you see the strut assembly? Rear spring too? I'm washing it right now so I could have pics in an hour or so.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya whatever u can do(no real need to take the wheels off). I was to see where it sits from a side pix and know about how far u have it lowered and how more it could go. It just 2 see how low i might bealbe 2 go if I wanted 2.

So just a nice level picture from the side show the front and rear.

Thanks, Kee

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good. how low did you have it set in that picture? Did you have a lot of stuff in the trunk or anything?

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Front I think could go down another 1.5" and the rear maybe 0.5". I prefer the leveled look. Nothing of any significant weight in the trunk.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sweet thanks for you help man
. U Like the ride(on track mostly)? Looks like i will be ordering these on monday

Kee

·
Registered
71 Posts
The ride seems OK for 98% of street driving. There is a big dip on 490E that the stock suspension handled much better. I also no longer keep change in the ashtray. At the track it's superb. Be sure to get an alignment, I ended up with camber at -2 front and rear (with rear camber bolts set full positive). Toe is 1/8 out in front and 1/8 in in the back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
To clarify. The rear spring perch is on the top. To bolt on, take off the existing nut, put the supplied washer on, then thread the nut back on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts