Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
when i saw the price, "wow"
and saw this "Unpublished dyno netted at the Wheels 36 more HP!!!( No joke ! )" I say, BS.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
ALL CORRECT FACTORY SETTINGS WILL BE MAINTAINED
EGR BUNG IS SHOWN ATTACHED, ALONG WITH O2 SENSOR BUNG.

YOU WILL NOT GET ANY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, AND YOU
CAN SAFELY GET INSPECTED.

ALSO INCLUDES A " PRE-CAT, AND AFTER CAT " BUNG
FOR ALL FOCUS
Somebody please tell me, without anything additional like an O2 cheater, how "you will not get any check engine light?"

Other than that...it sure looks shiny.

Edit: Two more things...

1) Why did they use a 3 bolt flange for the header/flexpipe connection?

2) WTF is that short piece with a flange on only one end? Is it some type of sudo 'cut-out'?

Other than that, the one good thing to say might be that it looks like they may have attempted to maintain the mounting bracket that's normally between the stock cat and stock flex pipe. See that braket in the pics thats not mentioned at all in the auction?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Extension pipe I believe.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Its a rip off. They used a 3 bolt flange because it provides a slightly better seal... and because thats what the original manufacturer (the one they copied)of that header used. Thats a turn down for non-exhaust track use. Its cheap asain slave labor made stuff that wont work/fit well... probably isnt stainless.... wont work without at the very least extending the O2 wires... has non-existant customer support... and its a ripoff of someone elses hard work and engineering. JUNK!!!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Note that the EGR bung is on the wrong side....
Nice catch

Maybe its intended to be mounted upsidown with the headers(
) sticking up through the hood.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Note that the EGR bung is on the wrong side....

Would you trust that?
The picure is just flipped.

I've seen 2 of these header/flex's in person, they are great quality, it is SS(of what kind, I do not know). They turn a slightly blueish/gold with heat and fit great.

I would say it's not any worse than buying a used FC header, hell you're probably much better off!

- Drew

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Theres no reason for the other O2 Bung. Look at the small pipe that crosses under the tubes. Thats for the O2. What that other thing is for... I dunno...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'll post when I get mine. I figure as long as the materials aren't too bad, it can be welded to beef up problems areas (i.e. cracks / leaks). I will post on the fitament when I install it. I just ordered today, so I should post back in about a week depending on the time it takes to get to me.

For the price I would definitely rather have this than the FC header. I don't really care about the fitament. I'll make it work...

I can weld and I have an awesome exhaust fabricator in Simi that is very trustworthy. He should be able to help me out too.

Thanks for the update Drew. I was worried about the quality until I heard you had seen these first hand. It's good to have knowledgable peeps in the focus community we have here.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I can only blame visa for giving me this damned card.

It looks good. I can fab up caps if need be for any extra holes(
), but it doesn't look like that will be an issue. It looks like everything else will mount correctly. Even if this is something to bolt on before heading to the track, it's cool. I plan on buying another Focus from a friend soon, so this may go on there for track use only. I'll run it on mine for now, but a Turbo manifold will replace this setup very soon (with a cossie block and head package from FS w/ a Roush Turbo Kit)
. I'm currently running a JBA shorty with [whisper] an empty cat. So all said and done this will be an upgrade.

The moral of this story is, "if you something to happen badly enough, you can fabricate it". In most cases anyway, sometimes the man just keeps kickin' you down.

·
Registered
128 Posts
SSAutochrome stuff is cheap, though I know some of their older stuff is pretty shoddy. I have heard that their quality has increased recently. For that price though, its hard to pass up.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I had bought some of these from the same dude last year... I never ended up doing anything with them, but I did take some pictures of them before I put 'em back up on eBay. The looked okay to me:

I don't think my camera could handle all the bling so the pics are a bit blurry in original form.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Dood... that EGR bung is 100% on the wrong side! Those pics aren't flipped too, are they?

Seriously... who would buy this crap? Its obviously not even designed for our car.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
um i dont mean to be a dick but... are u blind???? look behind the runners. u should see a long tube running behind them. its male so you don't need to take that other egr connecting thingy off from the stock equipment. unlike the obx (which i have).

what u are seeing is on the furthest left runner? thats an o2 bung, and then theres 2 more on the collector
thats what the plugs are for(it comes with them).

me and my buddy installed one on his car, there not bad but there not great either. a little close to the oil pan but it still clears it.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhh... so there are 3 O2 bungs? Still means they didn't really do a proper job of it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
yeah lol
but then again isnt it a JBA copy?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Yeah, I must not have thought about the EGR issue to hard, as I do remember the bung coming from behind the runners now.

Oops.

- Drew

1 - 20 of 43 Posts