Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't even looked yet, but how easy is this to install? I can't imagine it being too tough, but I figured I'd ask b4 I put the car up. How long is the install (average)?

[ 11-09-2002, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: poSSumX ]

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you are just installing the flex pipe, my estimate is 10-15 minutes? Really simple bolt on. I did mine when I put my raceheaders in, and it is just undoing two sets bolts, taking the old out and bolting the new in.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Very easy. 5 min I would say.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aAAARGH!

Should my Bosal Flex Pipe have come with bolts to connect up to the cat? Cuz I don't got'em.

U R right, about 15 minutes total, but with no bolts the old POS went back on.

[ 11-09-2002, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: poSSumX ]

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
usually they wont come w/the bolts, think the bolts r 3/8in dia by 1.5in but dont quote me

-Ult

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alrighty then, no bolts.

With all y'all out there with Flex Pipes, what size and grade bolt did you use to attached to the Cat or Race Header? Alsom did you reuse the gaskets or get new ones?

Please let me know, so I can go buy 'em in the morning.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
My FS Race Header and flex combo came with all new bolts...may want to give Randy a shout to see what size they are..or if anybody has the race header packagin slip all the sizes of the bolts are on there as well...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alrighty....

I figured it out, with some help from from Ult (thanx);

3/8 x 1.5 (inches)
Grade 8

Install is done. 15 minutes total elapse from start to finish. When is comes to EZ mods, this one is there.

[ 11-10-2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: poSSumX ]

·
Registered
662 Posts
poSSumX,
Just sent you an email. Apparently the flexpipe I sent you did not have the bolt and gasket kit in the box. Totally my bad for not making sure. Sorry for the mess up. Let me know the next time you need something and I'll make up for it

Glad to hear you were able to get it on alright.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ray-

Thanx. I will be using the proper bolts/washers you send, as well as (and more importantly) the new gasket(s) as the one currently between the Cat & Flex is shot.

EXCELLENT SERVICE !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts