Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Kamikaze race header and I was wondering what size of flex pipe should I get ( 2,25 or 2,5 ) to get a good fit. Also, I should get the same size for the catback, right ??

Thanks for your help,
Marc.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
If you're staying Naturally Aspirated, a 2.25" such as the Bosal is Perfect. FocusSport makes a nice piece as well.
2.25" is the Ideal Exhaust size for a N/A 2.0 Zetec,... w/ 2.5" and 3" being ONLY for Turbo, Supercharged, or Heavy Nitrous uses.
Too big on N/A, and you lose Exhaust velocity, and reduce your power output.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot for your help. I found a good deal on a bosal flexpipe and catback so that I'll be able to do both at the same time.

Thanks,
Marc.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
If you're staying Naturally Aspirated, a 2.25" such as the Bosal is Perfect. FocusSport makes a nice piece as well.
2.25" is the Ideal Exhaust size for a N/A 2.0 Zetec,... w/ 2.5" and 3" being ONLY for Turbo, Supercharged, or Heavy Nitrous uses.
Too big on N/A, and you lose Exhaust velocity, and reduce your power output.
Kinda...you generally lose low end with the larger exhausts, although a 2.5 will get a better peak number probably. I'd say if you want a normal car that's drivable all over follow Mike's suggestions. Apex'i somehow manages to keep power down low even with a 2.4 inch pipe. Dont ask me how...but it works

1 - 5 of 5 Posts