Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the ford racing shorty headder with the 2.5 borla cat back. Should i get a flex pipe? Will there be any gains since i still have the stock CAT?

·
Registered
322 Posts
it can't hurt-you are still freeing up airflow by replacing the narrow stock unit with a larger diameter one. It won't be as much of a gain as with a high-flow cat or race header, but I know some here who have added it to thier stock cat with a little gain.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
i added a bosal flex to my exhaust and it definitely made a difference, especially for the price. the stock flex added as much restriction as the whole system after it from the butt-dyno. i still have the stock header/cat, but for $130 it was a great addition.

Nate

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have a 2.5" flex pipe, great condition for sale ! will be perfect with ur 2.5" borla !
let me kno if ur interested ...

·
Registered
49 Posts
when I did my Bosal cat-back, I added the flex pipe on as well, since it couldn't possibly hurt to further open up the exhaust system... no idea if that alone added anything to my driving experience, but as a whole, the car is more fun after the mods... can anyone guess what my next exhaust purchase is going to be?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts