Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I heard that the stock flexpipe, while approx 2 1/4 inches in diameter on the outside, necks down to approx. 1 7/8 inches inside...Can anyone confirm or debunk this??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Ok, I heard that the stock flexpipe, while approx 2 1/4 inches in diameter on the outside, necks down to approx. 1 7/8 inches inside...Can anyone confirm or debunk this??

Thanks!!
I'm pretty sure it's all 2 1/4. I have a picture of the cat and my Apex'i side by side. They are not that different in size. I'll post it when i get home.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...Not the cat...The flex part of the flex pipe...In between the two cats...Its the part thats wrapped by the interwoven stainless stuff...Inside is a convuluted [sp] tubing thats really flexible...Im talking about the inside diameter of that...
Thanks though...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
...Not the cat...The flex part of the flex pipe...In between the two cats...Its the part thats wrapped by the interwoven stainless stuff...Inside is a convuluted [sp] tubing thats really flexible...Im talking about the inside diameter of that...
Thanks though...
Yeah, its all the same diameter all the way though that pipe between the two cats. Doesn't seem like we'll need to replace that pipe ever..

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool...Thanks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts