Ford Focus Forum banner

Flexpipe make much difference?

624 views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  DWRacing 
#1 ·
My question is, does a high flow flex pipe make much difference in gain with a catback system, or is it pretty much the same with the stock flex pipe and catback.
Thanks in advance

#2 ·
if it was the only stock component in your exhaust system...the swap would definately help....like me for example...its the only stock component in my exhaust system....so i'll prolly notice some improvement w/ the swap....im not expecting too much though

#4 ·
i noticed some improvement (butt-dyno) when i put on my bosal flex. it may have been a placebo (sp?), but i'm fairly critical of the mods i do to my car since i have little money to do them with. i feel it was $130 well spent. it's a bottleneck in your exhaust flow, fixing it will improve performance.

Nate

#11 ·
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
YES-!!!

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">wth vince?

-Ult
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">sorry I just like you so much..your my hero.

-Ult

#15 ·
I got mine from Modern performance, was the only bottleneck left in my exhaust, and I must say it smoothed out the sound nicely, and gave a nice boost on the butt dyno, but then again i stalled it at the same time I switched from the Weapon R intake to the Volant

#17 ·
Originally posted by Wedge1212:
if it was the only stock component in your exhaust system...the swap would definately help....like me for example...its the only stock component in my exhaust system....so i'll prolly notice some improvement w/ the swap....im not expecting too much though
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I got ZERO hp improvement on the dyno with my custom larger flex coupling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.