Re: focaljet cyclists?

Lance supposedly broke his collarbone.

Uh-oh.

·
Registered
537 Posts

Our 4's team is off the hook....
They won the Madera stage race and this past weekend won San Dimas stage race. I got up my game, if I plan to race with them...lol

I'll be racing again this coming weekend, the Mtb on Saturday and a circuit race on Sunday...it's been a couple of weeks without a race.

Oh Ya, Lance's Giro apperance is in jeopardy!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts

richmedium said:
Finished my first "real" triathlon of the season - Profile Design Miami International Triathlon, Olympic distance. The times are as follows:

Swim (0.9 miles): 25:08
Bike (25 miles): 1:09:09
Run (6 miles): 54:16
Congrats! Holy crap! Dude, that's an unbelievably good start to the season. Great bike split too! You better be fast riding a P3C though. :)

Yeah, as for holding back. The general rule that seems to work for me is anything under a half Iron, its no holding back. All out race pace for all 3 events. Even an Olympic is too short to need to "save" anything as long as you are taking in calories on the bike.

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
The last thread was getting pretty large, so I decided it was about time for a new one. Have at it folks. :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yay i dont have to go to page elenetybillion to find things!!!

and shameless plug i just put my XC bike up for sale in the Garage Sale section so if you need a good race bike or something go check it out.

·
9,786 Posts
Well, the bike shop called. My bike needs new pads, the rear freewheel is on it's way out, but otherwise just needs the tuneup. I'm really bad at maintaing the thing. :eek:

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
Pads are a normal item, like oil in your car.

Maybe for a kick, have them upgrade to better pads just for fun. I know with my expensive, yet poor braking brakes (zero gravity) I have to run $50 Swiss Stop pads to get them to stop right.

·
9,786 Posts
I know they are, but I thought they looked acceptable. Apparently I either don't know the amount that should be on there, or they were messed up more than they felt. They were really soft and nowhere near as great as they used to be. I thought the fluid just needed to be bled. :dunno:

And I'll just stick with the normal pads for now, it stopped amazing before it got bad. And I guess 700 miles on a set of pads isn't too bad.

I'll probably upgrade the wheels by the end of the year. But I'll probably want some kind of custom (read cool looking colours) wheels. :D

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks lee for confusing the poo right out of me. I was staring at the sports forum index and couldn't figure for the life of me how I started a new thread :lol:

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts

RUDE-E said:
Our 4's team is off the hook....
They won the Madera stage race and this past weekend won San Dimas stage race. I got up my game, if I plan to race with them...lol

I'll be racing again this coming weekend, the Mtb on Saturday and a circuit race on Sunday...it's been a couple of weeks without a race.

Oh Ya, Lance's Giro apperance is in jeopardy!
Yeah, I saw that. They turned some good TT times at San Dimas. My buddy Deven Dunn just became a four and is cleaning clock. He placed right behind your buddy at Dimas and Won Murrietta as a 4. It was his first race as a 4 as well. I placed right behind him at Southern NV SR.

Dont feel bad bro. I have done 5 (4 count towards an upgrade) races total and I keep getting 4th and 5th. Hey, at least I am consistant:( I am GOING to win my next two stage races. Ventura and San Luis. I have to. Ventura includes a prologue and I HAVE to win that. My whole mind set right now is building a strong, short TT. I want at least 2 wins before I upgrade. I have been so close literally losing by feet. I am due damnit!!!:mad:

I keep getting sick. I am just getting over a cold again. Hopefully I can stay healthy the rest of the season.

I thought some of you guys would get a kick out of this little girl that raced the Southern Nevada Stage Race. Her set up cost more than most adults. She looked pretty pro!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Oh yea, I forgot to add Valley of the Sun(Arizona) and S. Nevada Stage Race to the list of wins.
We have some good climbers/T. Trialist on our team and just picked up Shane (2nd place at SNSR)...that Time trial at San Dimas is a nice 4 mile 5% average climb,
fun climb, lots of switchbacks. I can't wait to do that race next year.

Hell...I want a 4th or 5th on the road....at my next mtb race all I want is that top spot on the podium.

btw...you shouldn't keep getting sick, sounds like your pushing yourself to hard.

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
RUDE-E said:
Oh yea, I forgot to add Valley of the Sun(Arizona) and S. Nevada Stage Race to the list of wins.
We have some good climbers/T. Trialist on our team and just picked up Shane (2nd place at SNSR)...that Time trial at San Dimas is a nice 4 mile 5% average climb,
fun climb, lots of switchbacks. I can't wait to do that race next year.

Hell...I want a 4th or 5th on the road....at my next mtb race all I want is that top spot on the podium.

btw...you shouldn't keep getting sick, sounds like your pushing yourself to hard.
A guy I ride with won Valley of the Sun in the 3s.

Yeah, your team has some good guys. I think his name is Shaw, isn't he due to go to 3s?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yea, Rob Shaw ....he just earned the points with his win of the Crit at SDSR.
But, still does not have enough for the auto upgrade.
BTW...I just found out he is the State TT champ....so he has been winning all these crits by just soloing of the front.....insane power!

some great pics in here:
http://www.photoscene.com/kimandsteve/

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
^^^ that is my goal. The guy is STRONG. Since my sprint is below par, I am going to have to start doing what he does and try to stay off of the front.

I almost pulled the win at Murrietta by doing that. I was off two laps and got sucked in and tried it again with one lap to go. I just didn't have the steam.

That photo is fricken AWESOME. I better get my game up a little. I will be in the 4s before the season is over.

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
DAMNIT!

The Auburn University race got cancelled because they had a tornado nearby and it messed some stuff up.

If you have not heard me preach: Collegiate Cycling is the best form of bike racing. Period. Race fee's are $12, paid by the school. Nothing like going over the legs with The Stick after, and drinking some beers with kids from all around the region. I've made a ton of friends through it. It's always sad to have a race cancelled, because EVERYONE in the peleton knows eachother. Hell, I work with the Clemson team alot, because we're usually fighting the same battles.

:(

1 - 20 of 989 Posts