Ford Focus Forum banner

981 - 989 of 989 Posts

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
FINALLY got back on the bike, the weather here has been atrocious.

Did 26 miles with my son on very a hilly route, too hilly for my current condition really but I survived. Felt great to be back out there.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Really having a tough time getting back into riding shape this year. Between a lack of time, seemingly endless winter and almost constant rain I've had very little time to ride.

I also found that my new shorter commute pretty much sucks, cut the commute almost in half when we moved so rather than commute by bike I've been getting out early and cranking out a quick 8 miles or so before work, averaging 15.9 mph which is down from last year but not bad.

Might have to work on that early morning route and extend it a bit.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Finally getting my speed back up, did 18.9 miles on Sunday with an average speed of 16.0 mph BUT for some reason my app didn't pause when I stopped at each end of the ride to water up so the pauses brought my average way down as did some traffic on the trail.

I had a full 11 miles that I averaged over 18mph with two miles over 20mph and one stretch of five miles straight averaging over 18mph. Felt great and seeing the numbers afterwards really made me happy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Quite the hauler you've got there, mine is a bit more "compact" shall we say.

I can get three on the roof and one in the hatch, of course then I can only carry two people. :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Size was one of the reasons I had to part with my Focus and man do I miss that car on a day to day basis but the truck is much more practical for most things I do on the weekends. I can get 7 bikes across the bed and if I had a rack could get another 4 off the hitch. Needless to say I can haul way more bikes than people.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
That's why we have the wifes Freestyle, still keeping an eye out for a good deal on a hitch mounted rack foor that and possibly crossbars for the roof rack.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Hating technology right now.

My biking app of choice had been Mapmyride, worked great until the last couple days when it stopped showing me splits so I could see my speeds so I switched to Sportypal which works great but for some reason won't upload to my Facebook.

Why do they have to screw around with things that work and why can't other things just work like they should? Sigh.

981 - 989 of 989 Posts